Waterloo (1970 film)
Field Marshall Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of WellingtonEdit
- Give me night, or give me Blücher.
- Next to a battle lost, there's nothing so melancholy as a battle won.
Emperor Napoleon I of FranceEdit
- I am France, and France is me!
- I've been in this position before at the Battle of Marengo. I lost the battle at five o'clock, but I won it back again at seven!
Field Marshal Gebhard von BlücherEdit
- [launching his attack on the French right] Raise high the black flags, children. No pity. No prisoners. I'll shoot any man I see with pity in him. Forward!
Marshall Michel NeyEdit
- [attempting to rally the Imperial Guard] Up to them. Up to them! Do I fight alone? Are you French? Fight with me! Are you the Guard? Stand with me! Do you know me? I am Ney! Ney, Marshall of France!
- British artillery commander: Sir, Napoleon has ventured within range. May I have your permission to try a shot?
- Wellington: [stares at him a moment] Certainly not! Leaders of armies have better things to do than fire at each other.
- [after a cannon shot has landed near the Duke of Wellington and the Earl of Uxbridge]
- Uxbridge: By God sir, I've lost my leg.
- Wellington: By God sir, so you have.
- Rod Steiger as Emperor Napoleon I of France
- Christopher Plummer as Field Marshal Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington
- Orson Welles as King Louis XVIII of France
- Jack Hawkins as Lieutenant-General Sir Thomas Picton
- Virginia McKenna as w:Charlotte Lennox, Duchess of Richmond
- Dan O'Herlihy as Marshal Michel Ney
- Rupert Davies as Colonel Alexander Gordon, 4th Duke of Gordon
- Philippe Forquet as Brigadier-General Charles de la Bédoyère
- Gianni Garko as Major-General Antoine Drouot
- Ivo Garrani as Marshal Nicolas Jean-de-Dieu Soult
- Ian Ogilvy as Colonel Sir William Howe DeLancey
- Michael Wilding as Major-General The Honourable Sir William Ponsonby
- Sergo Zakariadze as Field Marshal Gebhard von Blücher, Fürst von Wahlstatt (as Serghej Zakhariadze)
- Terence Alexander as Lieutenant-General Henry Paget, 2nd Earl of Uxbridge
- Andrea Checchi as Soldier of the Old Guard
- Donal Donnelly as Corporal O'Connor (as Donald Donnelly)
- Charles Millot as Marshal Emmanuel de Grouchy, Marquis de Grouchy
- Yevgeny Samoylov as Brigadier-General Pierre Cambronne (as Eughenj Samoilov)
- Oleg Vidov as Tomlinson
- Charles Borromel as Mulholland
- Peter Davies as Ensign James Hay, Lord Hay
- Veronica De Laurentiis as Magdalene DeLancey
- Vladimir Druzhnikov as Gerard (as Vladimir Drujnikov)
- Willoughby Gray as Ramsey
- Roger Green as Duncan
- Orso Maria Guerrini as Officer
- Richard Heffer as Mercer
- Orazio Orlando as Constant
- John Savident as Major-General Karl Freiherr von Müffling
- Jeffrey Wickham as Colborne
- Susan Wood as Lady Sarah Lennox
- Gennadi Yudin as Chactas (as Ghennady Yudin)
- Antonio Anelli as Nicolas François, comte Mollien
- Rino Bellini as Armand-Augustin-Louis, marquis de Caulaincourt
- Aldo Cecconi as Charles, comte d'Artois
- Massimo Della Torre as Jean Jacques Régis de Cambacérès, duc de Parme
- Andrea Esterhazy as General Charles Lennox, 4th Duke of Richmond
- Fred Jackson as w:Frederick William, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
- Rodolfo Lodi as w:Joseph Fouché
- Jean Louis as Marshal Nicolas Oudinot
- Karl Lyepinsk as Lieutenant-General August Graf Neidhardt von Gneisenau
- Viktor Murganov as Major-General Lord Edward Somerset
- Filippo Perego as Marshal Laurent de Gouvion Saint-Cyr
- Vasili Plaksin as Major-General Peregrine Maitland
- Lev Polyakov as Major-General François Étienne de Kellermann
- Giuliano Raffaelli as Marshal Jacques MacDonald
- Giorgio Sciolette as Marshal Louis-Alexandre Berthier
- Kristian Yanakiyev as w:Dominique Jean Larrey
- Rostislav Yankovsky as Major-General Charles Joseph, comte de Flahaut