WCW Monday Nitro
WCW Monday Nitro was a professional wrestling program that aired on TNT Monday nights from September 4th, 1995 to March 26 2001.
- (Lex Luger who had worked in the WWE the night before shows up at the beginning of the Sting/Ric Flair matchup.)
- Eric Bischoff: Oooh, what in the hell is he doing here?! Get the camera off of him!
- Steve McMichael: What is this?
- Bobby "The Brain" Heenan: Wait a minute. He's got a right to be here, this is a public mall.
- Eric: Get him out of here!
- Steve: Somebody call the security guards!
- Eric: (crowd starts chanting "Luger! Luger!") What?! Get the security and get him out of here!
- Bobby: What's he doing wrong? What is he doing wrong?
- Steve: This is just unabashed arrogance.
- Eric: We have a major problem here.
- Bobby: We have a situation starting here. A big one.
- Eric: I want to know what he's doing here.
- Bobby: Well don't ask me! Get on the headsets to the truck, ask somebody.
- Tony Schiavone: Welcome back live to the first hour of this edition of WCW Monday Nitro on TNT! Tony Schiavone and Larry Zbyszko. And we are taking a look at the Mauler completely maul his opponent Steve Doll.
- (Scott Hall, formerly known as Razor Ramon in the WWF, is seen in the crowd.)
- Larry Zbyszko: Well you know, Steve Doll's trying to get an offensive going.
- Tony: Wait a minute! What the hell is going on here?
- Larry: But the Mauler, well he just got reversed right there. The Mauler runs him down.
- Tony: That's not what I'm talking about.
- Larry: What are you talking about?!
- [Hall leaps over the railing]
- Tony: Look here.
- Larry: Well, what the hell?
- Scott Hall: Get me a mic!
- Larry: What's with this?
- Tony: We need security out here. I have no idea, wait a minute! I can't believe what we're seeing.
- Scott Hall: [climbing into the ring] Hey, you people, you know who I am, but you don't know why I'm here. Where is Billionaire Ted? Where is the Nacho Man? That punk can't even get in the building. Me, I go wherever I want, whenever I want. And where, oh where is Scheme Gene? 'Cause I've got a scoop for you. When that Ken doll lookalike, when that weatherman wannabe comes out here later tonight, I got a challenge for him, for Billionaire Ted, for the Nacho Man and for anybody else in uh...WCW, huh-huh-huh. Hey, you want to go to war? You want a war? You're going to get one!
- Tony: Fans, what about the match? I don't know what to say. Randy Anderson's coming-- Randy. Randy, what's going on here? What about the match, Randy? What's going on? The match. Fans, we've gotta go to a break.
- Larry: The match left!
- Tony: I have no idea what to say. Stay with us. Geez.
- Scott Hall: Hey, lookie here. Ken doll, you got such a big mouth and we, we are sick of it.
- Eric: What do you mean? Who's we?
- Scott Hall: You know who. This is where the big boys play? What a joke! I tell you what, you go tell Billionaire Ted, you tell him "Get three of his very very best." Maybe the Nacho Man! "Oooooooh....No." Hey, maybe he can get the Stinger! Ooooh, I'm so scared. You go get anybody you want because we...
- Eric: What do you mean "We"?
- Scott Hall: We are taking over. You wanna go to war? You wanna war? You got one. Only, let's do it right. In the ring where it matters. Not in no microphones. Not in those newspapers or dirtsheets. Let's do it in the ring where it matters. If uh, if Billionaire Ted and his big boys, if they got any guts...
- Eric: You're stepping over the line.
- Scott Hall: Because we are coming down here and like it or not, we are taking over.
- Eric: You're outta here!
- [Scott Hall appears again at the announce booth]
- Scott Hall: Just relax man. Yo, Ken Doll, I had such a good time last week that I came back for more.
- Eric: Look there's no reason...
- Scott Hall: Look, look, look, relax man, relax. You started it. You want to go to war? You got a war. You started it, we gonna finish it.
- Eric: What do you mean "We"? You come up with this We stuff.
- Scott Hall: You know who man. You know who. Did Daddy Warbucks? Did he get his money yet?
- (Sting comes out)
- Eric: Wait a minute, Stinger. Not here, not now. Don't even dignify it man.
- Sting: You came out here last week and said some real horrible things about WCW. Some real horrible things about the Hulkster, about the Macho Man, about the Stinger. Somewhere along the way, you got lost because do you have any idea where you are? You're in the jungle baby! This is WCW! That's right! Hold on! And every week you come out here and you say you want three of the best.
- Scott Hall: That's right man, three of the best.
- Sting: You want three of the best, I don't see two of you. All I see is you and me. So why don't we just do this one on one right here, right now!
- Scott Hall: Yo, yo, you wanna fight man? You wanna fight? You got one. Only, no one tells me what to do and chico, nobody tells me when to do it. [throws his toothpick at Sting. Sting responds by slapping Hall] Ok, ok tough guy. I got a little, no, I got big surprise for you next week.
- [Scott Hall shows up again]
- Eric: Wait a minute. Wait a minute. I don't want any trouble from you. I don't want any trouble with you here, now, but I don't have to point out. You came out here last week. Where is it, the big surprise? I mean I heard a lot of talk but where's the walk? [Hall points behind Eric] What? Where is he?
- (Kevin Nash, formerly known as Diesel in the WWF, appears from behind and grabs the mike)
- Kevin Nash: You've been sitting out here for six months running your mouth. This is where the big boys play, huh? Look at the adjective, play [sic]. We ain't here to play! Now, he (Hall) said last week that he was going to bring somebody out here. I'm here. You still don't have your three people and do you know why? Because nobody wants to face us. This show's about as interesting as Marge Schott reading excerpts from Mein Kampf.
- Eric: No trouble tonight, man. Speak your piece and...
- Kevin Nash: Yeah, no trouble cause you know, I'll kick your teeth down your throat. Where are these three guys? You know you couldn't get a paleontologist to get these fossils cleared? You ain't got enough guys off a dialysis machine to get a team? Yeah, where's Hogan? Where's Hogan? Out doing another episode of Blunder in Paradise? Where's the Macho Man huh? Doing some Slim Jim commercial? Hey, we're here! You wanna say something?
- Eric: Look, I don't have the authority right here right now. You want a fight? Fight isn't within me. You want to face three guys? Tomorrow morning at 9:00, I'm going to be in Atlanta. I'll be in the offices of WCW. I'll try and get you your fight and do you know what? Live this Sunday in Baltimore, Great American Bash, you guys want to show up? You want a fight? You show up and I'll see if I can get you your fight.
- Kevin Nash: I don't know about you but they love us in Baltimore.
- Scott Hall: Hey big man, I say me and you, we be at the Bash. Maybe these punks want a fight.
- Kevin Nash: Yeah, bring what you got! The measuring stick just changed around here buddy. You're looking at it. [Tosses Bischoff around before he and Hall leave]
- Mean Gene: Sting, a very somber mood tonight. I can't believe it. I can feel it, you can feel it. These people continue to make our lives very very tenuous. They did it again tonight right in the middle of your match with Arn Anderson. But lets go back to last night. What's your sense of what's happened at the Bash at the Beach?
- Sting: I am not at all surprised. What happened last night, I'm not surprised about coming from the two outsiders. But I will say I'm very very surprised at you Hulk Hogan. But I should've known. I should've known that when you were traveling to every town in that big fat limo. I should've known because you didn't want to travel with the Macho Man, the Total Package and the Stinger. Uhn-uhn, you were too busy making big movies and coming in for a little cameo appearance! You were too busy walking on the dark side! I should've known when you referred to the Macho Man, the Total Package and me as "three little dogs" waiting for a chance to wrestle the great Hulk Hogan. I should've known when I looked into your eyes. Do you know something, I made a mistake. But you made a bigger mistake because last night, you wiped out and trashed every single little kid, every single person that was a part of your life, that patterned their life after you! You told them to believe in the man upstairs! You told them to say their prayers and to take their vitamins! You told them to believe in themselves and you know something? It's a good thing you told them to believe in themselves because they sure as heck can't believe in you!
- Mean Gene: By the way--
- Sting: (grabs mike) And last but not least, to put the cherry on the top, all those little kids, you told them to stick it! No, you stick it Hulk! YOU STICK IT!
- Mean Gene: That is very strong. By the way, as fate would have it, these two men and their partner last night. Lex Luger got knocked out early by the action so the two of you had to go at it against the Outsiders. But Macho Man Randy Savage, you were very close with Hulk Hogan as I was. You were part of the Mega Powers. And if anybody got it stuck up, stuck up, well, stuck to him, you really got it stuck to you.
- Randy Savage: I got a message for Hollywood Hogan. What I want to tell you and what I want to do to you, I can't say here on television especially at Disney. But you take the worst thing you can think about and you multiply it by the number nine million and then you multiply it by infinity and beyond, it would be just like one grain of sand in the Sahara desert brother. Because, it's really really scary. What I'm thinking and going to do to you, yeah!
- Mean Gene: Hulk Hogan, Outsiders, you have led us down the prim rose path!
- Hulk Hogan: Well you know something Gene-o, I wish I would've done this two years ago brother because the New World Order is taking over professional wrestling. Hulk Hogan is bigger than the sport of professional wrestling. And with the Outsiders, the new blood, the foundation of the New World Order, we shall rule the wrestling world Mean Gene!
- Mean Gene: What about the children? You know about the thousands and thousands of telephone calls that came into WCW. Every man, woman and child on the face of the earth is totally disgusted with you Hulk Hogan, including myself!
- Hulk Hogan: We all know about the training, the prayers and the vitamins brother and like I said, these people out here, after I led their children down the right path had the gall to boo Hulk Hogan one more time. You fans can stick it brother!
- Mean Gene: Wait a minute, I think Sting and Eric Bischoff brought it up earlier on. I think Sting said it best earlier on when he retorted "Hulk Hogan, you can stick it!"
- Hulk Hogan: Well you know something brother, as far as people like Sting go, ten years ago when I shook his hand in Venice Beach, he was a skinny little bodybuilder. And when he laid his eyes on Hulk Hogan, he was shaking in his boots. I heard all the crying from the so called Macho Man. For three years, he blamed his divorce, the fact that he couldn't rise to the occasion on Hulk Hogan brother. And over and over and over and over again this past week, I've heard WCW blame Hulk Hogan for their problems. The only problem is I'm the greatest wrestler in the world, I made professional wrestling, I will always be bigger than wrestling and with these two friends of mine, the New World Order shall rule the wrestling world!
- Eric: This conceited jerk!
- Mean Gene: You call these guys friends? You know about this man's background and this man's background, this nWo, Where is it going to go? Who's going to be a part of it? I think that's the question we're all asking ourselves and I'm going to ask you.
- Hulk Hogan: Well these are the renegades brother! These are the men that when I open the door brother, they had the guts enough to walk through it. These are the guys that are going to set the trend for the nineties. They will lead Hulk Hogan and professional wrestling to its destiny. But these guys are just the foundation. The thing that everybody, the people out there don't realize is as I build my empire, will there be more outsiders that I bring in? Or will it be people that are so close to Ted Turner, maybe Eric Bischoff's friends. Who knows man? Maybe the guys that are in the locker room right now. There's always been a double loyalty man. In this business, they've been loyal to the promoters who have paid their bills and they've also been loyal to Hulk Hogan. Because they know where Hulk Hogan goes, that's where professional wrestling goes.
- Mean Gene: You have to vent all of this on these people, the peers of this business. How about the kids that have looked up to you for years and years and now it comes down to this? And this is a pretty good example of the way your life is going to go Hulk Hogan.
- Hulk Hogan: Well you know dude, I laid it out straight for all those kids brother. They didn't want to follow the path, so I'm done with them! But as far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to mess with that skinny little Macho Man or that crybaby Sting, I'm going right to the top of the ladder brother and at Hog Wild brother on August the 10th, if the Giant has got guts enough, I'm going to dismantle the Ted Turner organization in one night. We're going to take the WCW belt, make it the New World Order belt and we shall reign supreme from that day forward. And as far as I'm concerned brother, if Ted Turner has any boys in the back that have any guts at all, come on out right now! We'll beat up the whole WCW right now and what are they gonna do?!!
- [Sting comes down to the ring with a microphone]
- Sting: [with his back turned to the main camera] I want a chance to explain something that happened last Monday night on Nitro. Last Monday night, I was on an airplane flying from L.A. to Atlanta. When I got to Atlanta, I tuned in the TV to Nitro and I thought I was watching a rerun. It was a very convincing film. Often imitated but never duplicated though and what else did I see? I saw people, I saw wrestlers, I saw commentators and I saw best friends, doubt the Stinger. That's right, doubt the Stinger. So, I heard Lex Luger say "I know where Sting lives, I know where he works out, I'm gonna go get him!" So I said to myself, "I'll just go into seclusion. I'll wait and see what happens on Saturday Night." And I tuned in Saturday Night and what did I see? I saw more of the same, more doubt. Which brings me to Fall Brawl. I knew I had to get to Fall Brawl to get face to face with the Total Package to let him know that it wasn't me and what I got out of that was, "No, Sting. I DON'T BELEIVE YOU STING!" Well, all I've got to say is, I have been mediator, I have been babysitter, I've given him the benefit of the doubt about a thousand times in the last twelve months! I have carried the WCW banner and I have given my blood, my sweat and my tears for WCW! So for all of those fans out there and all of those wrestlers and people who've never doubted the Stinger, I'll stand by you if you stand by me. But, for all of the people, all of the commentators, all of the wrestlers and all of the best friends who did doubt me, you can stick it! From now on, I consider myself a free agent. But that doesn't mean you won't see the Stinger. From time to time, I'm going to pop in when you least expect it.
- [The show opens with the Outsiders in the ring with chairs having laid out the Nasty Boys and High Voltage. They go down to ringside where Tony and Larry are standing.]
- Larry: Not again. Not again with this!
- Tony: What's the problem here?
- Kevin Nash: Does this work? Nice to see you dressed up this week, Larry! (to Tony) Hey, I don't see you laughing today huh?
- Scott Hall: Funny guy, huh?
- Kevin Nash: I was so funny last week right? Funny like a clown right? Were you laughing at me? I ain't so funny tonight am I? You see, we can put this on any time we want. I can be funny, I can be deadly and so can this man! Hey, let me ask you a question.
- Scott Hall: You got the bad neck, right?
- Kevin Nash: You got the bad neck, right? Do you want to pick up your kids, huh?
- Tony: (to Larry who's not standing up for Tony) Do you want to step in here?
- Larry: Hey, you're the one that laughed at them. They let me know what I think.
- Kevin Nash: You talk about a triangle match, right? There's two of the combatants laid out right now.
- Scott Hall: You know, what I want to know is I've been hearing my whole career how scary the Faces of Fear are. They say, everybody says that Meng and the Barbarian are the two toughest guys in the business. Well you tell those two islanders, come on out here and we'll slap that coconut breath out of you. Tell them to come on down. You can't have a Pay Per View in WCW without inviting the NWO.
- Larry: You can't be upset by what happened. These guys are thugs, they're paid by Dibiase and you're okay. So relax about it, don't be all upset.
- Tony: Yeah well, I don't need to be pushed around. I'm not a wrestler. You're a wrestler. So why didn't you step in front for me? How long have we been friends?
- Larry: You're okay and I'm not Clint Eastwood.
- Tony: Well I can only say this and I'm going to apologize to everybody because I've never done this before at all. But I don't need to be pushed around. I've got five children. I've got a wife. I've got a great job. I'll tell you what, big mouth! Why don't you go ahead? Why don't you go ahead and step in front of me? Why don't you handle the broadcast? Why don't you try play-by-play?
- Larry: Don't get upset!
- Tony: I don't need guys who are seven feet tall coming out here! (takes off his headset and walks away)
- Larry: I don't need guys seven feet tall either coming out here!
- [The show opens with footage of Ric Flair after being stitched up in a hospital as a result of last night's Fall Brawl when Curt Hennig slammed the cage door in his head]
- Tony: [very shaken up] Fans, uh, Nitro as you can see is on the air. Before I go into this card, I need to say something that I've really never said before. You know, 13 years ago, I got into this business because of Ric Flair. I was a minor league baseball announcer in this same city. He went to bat for me for the promoters and I became a wrestling announcer and when I look back on what has happened to me, I credit Ric Flair. And you have seen Ric Flair and what hap.......I can't do this show. I'm sorry. [takes off his headset and leaves]
- Mean Gene: That's very impressive, a gentleman the stature of Hugh Morrus, and you absolutely got in there and manhandled him tonight. [Bill Goldberg just walks away] Sir, I've got to get a little bit more than that. Gentleman's just walking away from me.
- Larry: Is he a mute?
- Mean Gene: I can't believe that. Tony, I haven't seen anything like that. Very impressive. But who is this guy Goldberg?
- Tony: The fans stand, showing their signs, and we are walking with Goldberg, and security from Goldberg's own locker room area following with him all the way to the ring, as you look live back in the locker room area. Surrounding Goldberg, some of Atlanta's finest, Doug Dillinger as well with WCW security, and here they come.
- Bobby: What's going through his mind right now? I've never been in that situation, going for a world championship, let alone with that list of victories this man has, in his backyard, hometown in front of everybody he played for, played with. What an evening, what drama right now.
- Tony: Long walk for Goldberg, but it's been a long wait since he arrived in the Georgia Dome earlier in the day. So what's another long walk for Goldberg? They're almost down here now.
- [Goldberg now walks alone]
- Bobby: Well, Hogan may be taking a long walk too. A real long walk back to the dressing room empty-handed.
- Tony: But could the unblemished mark, the incredible series of wins by Goldberg come to a crashing end here tonight?
- Bobby: And you know, Tony, if Hogan is to defeat this man, you know what the nWo's gonna be like then with Hogan and Eric Bischoff in charge.
- Tony: [as Goldberg reaches the entrance] And there he is.
- Mike Tenay: And here comes the eruption.
- Bobby: Bigger than before.
- Tony: This is his moment.
- [Goldberg stands on the ramp as the pyrotechnics envelope him for twenty seconds. When they subside, he walks to the ring surrounded by the security from before]
- Bobby: It's a long way down.
- Tony: There you look at Goldberg, and think about what Goldberg represents. A virtual unknown in this sport who walked into WCW, and he represents every wrestler who wanted just to walk in here and become the World Champ. That's what he represents as he makes his way to the ring.
- Bobby: He looks ready! Do it for me! Do it for the fans! Get rid of Hogan! And what's Hogan's mentality gonna be at Bash at the Beach if he's not heavyweight champion of the world along with Rodman?
- Bobby: Look at Goldberg! He's ready!
- Tony: He's poised... [Goldberg spears Hulk Hogan] Hogan goes down!
- Bobby: Okay, there's part one! Now finish him off! Finish him off!
- Tony: [Goldberg signals for the Jackhammer] He's calling for it!
- Bobby: This is it! This is it! [Goldberg sets Hogan up for the Jackhammer] Your career's on the line here! Do it! Do it! This place'll erupt when he picks him up.
- Tony: [Goldberg lifts Hogan in a suplex] He's got him up! [...and slams Hogan to the mat] Oh Hell Yeah!
- Tony and Bobby: [counting with the referee] One...
- Tony: [continues] ...two...THREE!!!
- Bobby: OH, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! We got a new heavyweight champion of the world! The first undefeated man in the history of this sport to ever win the World Championship, and have a record of 107, 108...who cares?! There's zero on the other side! We've got a new champion! Listen to this! [pauses to acknowledge the cheering crowd and "Goldberg" chants] Wow.
- Mike: 31-year-old Bill Goldberg, less than ten months in the sport, is on top of the wrestling world.
- Tony: [off a shirt] "Who's next?"
- Bobby: Who cares?
- Tony: "Who cares" is right.
- Tony: If you're even thinking about changing the channel to our competition, fans, do not. Because we understand that Mick Foley, who wrestled here one time as Cactus Jack, is going to win their World Title. [sarcastically] That's gonna put some butts in the seats.
- Tony: Fans, I want to reiterate something I talked about before the commercial break. If you're thinking about changing channels to our competition, we want to let you know that unlike us, they've got their show in the can, their show's been taped. Later tonight, Mick Foley, who once wrestled here as Cactus Jack, is gonna win their World Title. I mean, that's gonna be their World Champion. Ha ha!
- Tony: Fans, as you know, it's getting close to the 11:00 hour. We're gonna stay right here, we're gonna follow all the action as long as it takes, so stay with us. These are not taped matches. This is happening live, this is Nitro. [Bell rings] The bell sounds, Billy Silverman making the call. No matter what happens, we're staying with you here tonight.
- Bobby: Even if it goes on all night, we're gonna be here.
- Tony: That's what we're all about.
- Bobby: We're live!
- Tony: Listen to the fans! Look at Hogan's reaction!
- Bobby: Over 40,000+! This is better than a playoff game!
- Tony: Hell, this is what pro wrestling, what World Championship Wrestling is all about!
- Tony: [on Hogan] He's been in so many big matches.
- Bobby: Boy, he has.
- [Hogan fakes a punch, then lightly pokes Kevin Nash, who drops to the mat. Hogan covers him.]
- Tony: [as Silverman counts] What was that about? What's going on here? [Silverman counts to three. Hogan, Nash, Hall, and Scott Steiner celebrate in the ring] What just happened here?
- Bobby: This stinks.
- Michael Buffer: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner and new Heavyweight Champion of the world, from nWo Hollywood, Hulk Hogan!
- Eric: [having been silent all night] It is unbelievable! The new World Heavyweight Champion, Hollywood Hulk Hogan!
- Tony: Before we start with tonight's action, Brain, there's something we both, but particularly you, have to say about our longtime friend Gorilla Monsoon.
- Bobby: Gorilla will be sadly missed. He was one big, tough man, he was a decent honest man, and we're all going to miss him very much. And you know the pearly gates in heaven?
- Tony: Yeah.
- Bobby: It's now gonna be called the Gorilla position. Goodbye, my friend.
- [Jeff Jarrett reveals Vince Russo as the Powers That Be]
- Vince Russo: You know, after giving six years of my life to the World Wrestling Federation I came to WCW with one thing in mind - and that was to beat Vince McMahon at his own game! And you know what? Within a matter of weeks, the new blood in WCW was not only getting back in the game, they were changing the game! And that's when the good ol' boy network kicked in - afraid of change, and more importantly afraid of their jobs - the political BS took place in the back to bring Vince Russo down. And you stayin' at home know who you are 'cause you're watching me now. And then one day I'm told that there's gonna be a change in direction - a change that I knew SUCKED! And you know what? I wasn't the only one who knew - Benoit knew - Guerrero knew - Saturn knew - Malenko knew - Douglas knew - and they left! They're gone! Scott Steiner - he knew it, and they suspended his ass! Well you know what? That's all over now. It's done. And Vince Russo is back in charge again. And I wanna turn around now and I wanna say something to everybody in this ring. It is OVER. The old boys management is over. The inflated egos in the back, afraid to lose their spot - it is over. It is the dawning of a new day - it is your opportunity - seize that opportunity!
- [Eric Bischoff appears]
- Eric Bischoff: Are you done yet? Let me tell you something. This man - Vince Russo and I - have more in common than anybody knows. But the big thing is the fact that we were both screwed by the same... good ol' boys network. Vince is right - those days are over. But it's okay - I don't even mind. And you know why I don't mind? Because it's giving me a hell of an opportunity to think about all the great things I did in WCW - but it's also given me an opportunity to realize the mistakes I've made - mistakes like...Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Sting, Diamond Dallas Page, and oh yeah - oh yeah - let's not forget Sid 'wished he was' Vicious. But you know what the biggest mistake I've ever made? I mean this is the real big one. Hulk Hogan. I'm sorry - I really am sorry.
- Everybody told me he would screw me - he would use me - they said, do not look into that red and yellow light because you will be blinded. Well, I was blinded, but tonight I've got 20/20 vision - I'm seeing real clearly for the first time in a long time, and right now I want to apologize to everybody in this ring - The New Blood - and I want you guys to know that if there's anything I can do for Vince Russo that will help you, I am there for him - I am there for you, because it is a whole new WCW. And where are they? Where are they, where is Diamond Dallas Page? Where is Sting? Where are they?
- Russo: I think they're hiding in the back with the old tail between their legs.
- [Ric Flair comes down to the ring]
- Ric Flair: Did I - Did I - WOOOOO! Did I happen to hear Vince McMahon say he was goin' to hold WCW in the palms of his hands? Is that what he said? Does that mean that YOU are gonna hold Jack Brisco, Dory Funk, Harley Race, the Road Warriors, Sting, Luger, the Steiners, Bagwell, Ric Flair, Steamboat, does that mean you're gonna hold us all in the palm of your hands? To coin a phrase, I don't think so! You know, at twelve o'clock today, someone very special to me said 'do not go onto that show tonight knowin' it's the last time you'll ever be on TNT or TBS’ - knowing it's the last time, she said to me 'don't go out there and cry - don't go out there and say your sorry' because I'm not - I've been fourteen times the world champion - in my eyes, one of the greatest, you got it! The greatest wrestling organization in the world - WCW!
- We... I'm talkin' about the Stingers, the Lugers, the Steiners, the Road Warriors - I'm talkin' about my best friend, Arn Anderson and the Four Horsemen - we have been on a par, and we have been equal to any wrestling organization in the world - as a matter of fact, we have run neck and neck with you, Vince McMahon, for years - for YEARS - and just for trivia, Vince McMahon, do you know that in 1981, when you were trying to become an announcer, your dad was on the board of directors and voted for ME to be the world champion - WOOOO! How 'bout that? And ever since that day, I have been a limousine-ridin', jet-flyin', kiss-stealin', wheelin-dealin', son of a gun, that along with the whole WCW dammit all, have kissed the girls worldwide! And made 'em cry. 'cause ya see, we were every bit the force we were WCW - we lived, we breathed, we sweat, we paid the price to be the best - never been about the boys - it's always been WWF vs. WCW in the office - the boys that have gone out there, night in and night out, doing everything they could to be the very best at what they chose to do in their life - those boys are here tonight - we are!
- We're not going anywhere, you can't hold us in your hand and predict our life! We're WCW! We've bled and we've sweat - when was the last time you wrestled for an hour, cut yourself five times, bled for 40 minutes.. when were you there? You weren't! You weren't! You were never in the dressing room, on the road 40 days and 40 nights, bleedin', sweatin', goin' to the next town, you weren't there, you can't hold people's lives in your hands. We're the greatest wrestling company of all time - I'm gonna say it again - you can't control us or our future, and in closing, let me say this - in all my years in this sport, my greatest opponent with this company has been Sting - so tonight, if we're going out, if we're going out on a high note, Stinger, the Nature Boy wants you right here, because - that's right - that's right - ya hear it, Sting? Sting, my greatest opponent - Sting, your last chance - your last chance to be... [crowd chants Sting] Sting, Sting, Sting, Sting, Sting, Sting - Sting! To be - the man, you've gotta beat the man, and Sting... I'M. THE. MAN. WOOOOOO!