Virginia Foxx (born June 29, 1943) is a Republican State Representative for North Carolina's 5th congressional district.
Health Care ReformEdit
- I believe we have more to fear from the potential of that bill passing than we do from any terrorist right now in any country.
- Referring to HR 3962: To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes.
- (The Republican plan would) make sure we bring down the cost of health care for all Americans and that ensures affordable access for all Americans and is pro-life because it will not put seniors in a position of being put to death by their government.
- Referring to HR 3400: Empowering Patients First Act
- This bill reminds me of the tactics of the former Soviet Union — and we know how successful that was.
- Referring to HR 2749: Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009
- (The bill) is emblematic of the attempt by the majority party to control every aspect of our lives.
- Referring to S.982: "A bill to protect the public health by providing the Food and Drug Administration with certain authority to regulate tobacco products"
About Virginia FoxxEdit
- Wanda Sykes: Now come on, that sounds like something from a Harrison Ford movie. That just shows you how much money they are being paid by insurance lobbies. Nobody says crazy stuff like that for real. That's made up! You get paid to play a role like that. When they say stuff like that, you know what I hear? 'Enough is enough! I have had it with these [blanketyblanking] snakes on this [blanketyblanking] plane!' That's what I hear. It's crazy. They're movie lines.
- Referring to Foxx's comment "I believe we have more to fear from the potential of that bill passing than we do from any terrorist right now in any country" (see above)
Last modified on 26 March 2012, at 11:46