Vice (2018 film)
Vice is a 2018 American biographical comedy-drama film that tells the story of Dick Cheney, an unassuming bureaucratic Washington insider, who quietly wielded immense power as Vice President to George W. Bush, reshaping the country and the globe in ways that we still feel today.
- Directed and written by Adam McKay.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [After a colleague asks if he is alright after having fallen to the ground] I'm having a heart attack, you idiot.
- [last lines] I can feel your incriminations and your judgment, and I am fine with that. You want to be loved, you want to be a movie star. The world is as you find it, you gotta deal with that reality and there are monsters in this world. We saw 3,000 innocent people burned to death by those monsters. And yet you object when I refuse to kiss those monsters on the cheek and say pretty please. You answer me this: what terrorist attack would you have let go forward so you wouldn't seem like a mean and nasty fella? I will not apologise for keeping your families safe. And I will not apologise for doing what needed to be done, so that your loved ones can sleep peaceably at night. It has been my honor to be your servant. You chose me, and I did what you asked.
- George W. Bush: Whaddaya say?... I want you to be my VP. I want you, you're ma vice.
- Dick Cheney: Well, George, I, uh... I'm a CEO... of a large company. And I have been Secretary of Defense... and I have been White House Chief of Staff. The Vice Presidency is a mostly symbolic job.
- George W. Bush: Uh-huh.
- Dick Cheney: However, if we came to a, uh... different... understanding... I can handle the more mundane... jobs. Overseeing bureaucracy... military... energy... and, uh... foreign policy.
- George W. Bush: Yeah, right! I like that!
- George W. Bush: So we gonna do this thing, or what? I mean, is this happening?
- Dick Cheney: I believe... we can make this work.
- George W. Bush: Hehehe! [claps] Hot damn!
- Christian Bale - Dick Cheney
- Alex MacNicoll and Aidan Gail - young Dick Cheney
- Amy Adams - Lynne Cheney
- Spaeny - young Lynne Cheney
- Steve Carell - Donald Rumsfeld
- Sam Rockwell - George W. Bush
- Tyler Perry - Colin Powell
- Alison Pill - Mary Cheney
- Colyse Harger - young Mary Cheney
- Lily Rabe - Liz Cheney
- Violet Hicks - young Liz Cheney
- Jesse Plemons - Kurt, the narrator
- Justin Kirk - Scooter Libby
- Don McManus - David Addington
- LisaGay Hamilton - Condoleezza Rice
- Stephen Adly Guirgis - George Tenet
- Matthew Jacobs - Antonin Scalia
- Shea Whigham - Wayne Vincent
- Eddie Marsan - Paul Wolfowitz
- Stefania LaVie Owen - Joan
- Adam Bartley - Frank Luntz
- Kirk Bovill - Henry Kissinger
- Jillian Armenante - Karen Hughes
- Bill Camp - Gerald Ford
- Fay Masterson - Edna Vincent
- Alfred Molina - Waiter
- Naomi Watts - News Anchor
- Joseph Beck - Karl Rove
- Paul Perri - Trent Lott