former IAS , known only for Devyani Khobragade incident and the Adarsh Housing Society scam
- In response to Adarsh Housing Society incident - "There were flats reserved for the scheduled [lower] castes which we applied for and were allotted one of them. We paid the cost of the flat in full. But now it seems we have been cheated. They are neither giving [us] the flat nor any sign of returning our money."
- India’s Devyani Khobragade advocated for women’s rights, accused in nanny scandal, The Washington Post, 20 December 2013
- In response to news that Devyani Khobragade's 9 January 2014 indictment was dismissed - "They tried to trap Devyani with a false complaint against her. I thank the Indian government and the Indians for their cooperation and help. She will go back to America with full diplomatic immunity."
- India welcomes dismissal of visa fraud charges against Devyani Khobragade, The Times of India, 13 March 2014
- In response to his grandchildren holding dual passports in a way said to be contrary to law - "What is the big deal? Their mother is an Indian diplomat, so they used an Indian passport. The passports were duly kept in the custody of Indian mission in New York once they had received US passports... When we were taking the kids to the US, we were told as they were natural US citizens they should get US passports."
- Devyani's daughters' dual passports raise a stink, Hindustan Times, 14 March 2014.
- My daughter's return, an essay by Uttam Khobragade