South African comedian and television host
Trevor Noah (born 20 February 1984) is a South African television and radio host and comedian, known for his role as host of The Daily Show on American network Comedy Central starting in September 2015.
- Ben Carson: for people who like Donald Trump's ideas, but hate his charm and charisma. Ben Carson is like the drug free cocaine for people who don't wanna get high but just like snorting white powder. (8 October 2015)
- Of course Ben Carson advisors can't make him smart, you can't change its brain. That's a job for a neurosurgeon. It's the same when your barber has a #### haircut. (18 November 2015)
- Donald Trump didn't invent racism. Trump didn't invent islamophobia. And he didn't invent violence. All he did was put his name on them like he does with everything else. (16 March 2016)
- Race jokes are kind of like orcas: powerful and entertaining, but you put them on display in the wrong environment and people are going to get hurt, and the joke might die. Like this one just did. (12 April 2016
- Hey, son, what the hell is with your haircut? Did you see a paintbrush and say "I want that dude's look!"? (13 April 2016)
- The credits from the second Godfather are better than Godfather III. (14 April 2016)
- Let's be honest: in general men are stronger than women. That's not sexist, it's just true. If anyone is sexist, it's Nature. Yeah, Nature is the one who was hanging stuff out and was like: "Ok, men, you get the big muscles and you orgasm every time you have sex. Hell, sometimes you have an orgasm just by accident! That's how easy it's gonna be for you! And for the ladies... you get to put an entire human being out of your vagina. Have a good day." (3 May 2016)
- In life only three things are certain: death, Adobe updates and taxes. (13 May 2016)
- ISIS without guns is just basically a blog. (13 June 2016)
- Juggling is such a white thing, as well, when you think about it. No, just the whole concept. You have so much stuff that, at some point, you are like: "I can't even hold all of this stuff! I'll have to throw some of it in the air!" That's probably how juggling started. Someone was like: "Wow, you have three things, but you only have two hands. Would you like to share something with me?" "No, no, I'll figure this out". (9 marzo 2017)
- He really is a TV president. [...] He loves the performance of doing things. But a lot of the time, nothing's actually being done. Essentially, Donald Trump wants to be president, but he doesn't want to do president. (6 June 2017)
- At this point, it's not even a high-level controversy. This isn't House of Cards. Like, this isn't even Veep. It wouldn't even qualify for Blue's Clues. (11. July 2017)'"
- [...] Donald Trump sees the presidency the same way he sees one of his companies: its whole purpose is to serve him and only him. [...] the whole pupose of the Justice Department, which he thinks is not to uphold law. No, no, no, it's to do the president's bidding. The same way he probably thinks the purpose of the Energy Department is to charge his iPhone. [...] The only thing more shocking than his autocratic view of power is his willingness to talk so openly about it. In a strange way Donald Trump is both the most honest and dishonest president of all time. I figured it out, people. He's not cinnamon Hitler, he's Abraham Nixon. (20 July 2017)
- Maybe we need to change who gets the Nobel Peace Prize, and when. Because so many people have won the prize and they've benefitted from all of its prestige, and then they've gone on to not be peaceful. Like, maybe we should only give the Nobel Peace Prize to people after their career is over and they've passed away, right? It's at the end. We can call it the "Rest in Peace Prize." Then we know you're not gonna surprise us, you're not gonna hurt anyone. Unless someone trips on your grave. (13 September 2017)
- Growing up as a young boy in Wakanda, I would see King T’Challa flying over our village, and he would remind me of a great Xhosa phrase: Abelungu abazi ubu ndiyaxoka, which means: ‘In times like these, we are stronger when we fight together than when we try to fight apart.’ (24 February 2019, the Xhosa phrase actually means "White people don’t know I’m lying", quoted in Hampton, Rachelle. Trevor Noah’s Sly Oscar Joke. Slate.)
- Visible at 00:25 Ben Carson Blames the Victims, CC.com, 8 ottobre 2015.
- Visible at 00:50 di Ben Carson's Public Breakup, CC.com, 18 novembre 2015.
- Visibile al minuto 06:00 Another Super Tuesday for Donald Trump, CC.com, 16 marzo 2016.
- Visibile in Bill de Blasio's Questionable Joke, CC.com, 12 aprile 2016.
- Visible at 1:30 North Korea's Letter to America, CC.com, 13 aprile 2016.
- Visible at 01:50 More Reasons to Hate Ted Cruz, CC.com, 14 aprile 2016.
- Visible al minuto 02:50 di Military Draft for Women, CC.com, 3 maggio 2016.
- Visible at 00:05 #WeakDonald Trump Won't Release His Tax Returns, CC.com, 13 May 2016.
- Visible at 05:00 Trevor Reacts to the Orlando Shooting, CC.com, 13 giugno 2016.
- Visible at 01:00 White People Are Having a Good Time in America, CC.com, 9 March 2017.
- Visibile at 02:00 di Trump Touts More Phony Accomplishments: The Daily Show, YouTube.com, 6 giugno 2017.
- Visible at 06:48 President Trump Casually Makes Another Damning Admission: The Daily Show, YouTube.com, 20 July 2017.
- Visiblee at 05:10, Violent Buddhists Target Muslims in Myanmar: The Daily Show, YouTube.com, 13 September 2017.