Tremors 2: Aftershocks
1996 film by S. S. Wilson
Tremors II: Aftershocks is a 1996 direct-to-video Western sequel to Tremors, in which the character of Earl Bassett, returning from the first film, is hired to deal with a subterranean "Graboid" infestation at a Mexican oilfield.
- [to Grady after losing at rock-paper-scissors] No! Rock rips through paper!
- [yelling to Grady] Will you shut up and get off the damn ground!
- Goddamn worms never give you a break!
- [to Grady] Doesn't anything get you down?
- [as Burt arrives] That ain't no Graboid. It's something even more dangerous!
- I am completely out of ammo. That's never happened to me before.
- I feel I was denied critical need-to-know information.
- [referring to his weapons] When you need it, and don't have it, [pause] you sing a different tune.
- You know Grady, some people think I'm overprepared, paranoid, maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any Pre-Cambrian lifeforms did they?
- [referring to the shriekers] You mean they've been acting so smart because they're so stupid.
- [repeated line] Sorry, I forgot.
- [after the truck gets dragged on a wild ride by a Graboid] Earl, that's gonna be the first ride at my theme park!
- [Earl and Grady discover a ton of Graboids are left]
- Earl Bassett: We're gonna need some help!
- Grady: Who'd be crazy enough to help us with this mess?!
- [watching a graboid laying on the ground as it starts to moan]
- Earl Bassett: Must be sick.
- Grady Hoover: Probably ate someone that didn't agree with it.
- [it's night, Grady and Earl are waiting on top of their stranded truck for Pedro to arrive, an explosion sounds in the distance]
- Grady Hoover:[referring to Burt] Jesus! He got another one.
- Earl Bassett: That man never sleeps.
- [two more explosions sound in the distance]
- Burt Gummer: [over radio] Guys, Burt here. Doing a little night fishing. Got three of 'em on a cluster charge. I'd say we're about even now. Over.
- Earl Bassett: Come on, Burt. This isn't a competition.
- Burt Gummer: [over radio] Well, who's competing? I'm just saying the score is tied, that's all. Over.
- Grady Hoover: Well, 'son', no it isn't, cuz we just caught a live one. How 'bout that.
- Burt Gummer: [over radio] A live one? How in the hell...
- Grady Hoover: Well, that's our little secret. Happy hunting, Burt.[turns radio off]