English artist, one of the group known as Britartists or Young British Artists
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I want to be with my friends. I'm drunk. I want to phone my mum. She's going to be embarrassed by this conversation. I don't care. I don't give a fuck about it.
- Clare Longrigg, "Sixty Minutes, Noise: by art's bad girl", The Guardian, (1997-12-04)
- Said by Emin, apparently drunk, during a live Channel 4 programme. The remark made national news and catapulted her to overnight fame.
- Your paintings are stuck, you are stuck! Stuck! Stuck! Stuck!
- When it comes to words I have a uniqueness that I find almost impossible in art – and it's my words that actually make my art quite unique.
- There is no comparison between him and me; he developed a whole new way of making art and he's clearly in a league of his own. It would be like making comparisons with Warhol.