Tom and Jerry: The Movie
1993 American animated film directed by Phil Roman
The world's most famous cat and mouse in their first motion picture.(taglines)
Tom Cat edit
- Hey, you little pipsqueak, I oughta…! Hey! How come you've never spoke before?
- [surprised by the news of the survival of Robyn's father by Jerry] Hey, she's not an orphan no more!
Jerry Mouse edit
- Uh-oh! Don't look now, but here comes the dragon lady! [Tom and Robyn gape]
- [Puggsy: What are you two talking about?] Her Aunt Figg caught us before we could tell her.
Robyn Starling edit
- [repeated line] Tom! Jerry!
- He's alive?! My daddy is alive?!
Pristine Figg edit
- She's escaped again! I've got to call Lickboot.
- This is where they found her last time.
- [singsongy] Yoohoo! Robyn Starling, it's your Aunt Figg, darling, who has come to take you home!
- Didn't he go before we left home?
- Robyn, come to your dear Aunt Figg, darling. Spread out, and don't let the brat get by you.
- [ambushing Robyn in her and father's cabin] Daddy is "dead".
- You fools, look what you've done! Lickboot, grab the girl, and let's get outta here!
- [last words before their defeat] Gimme those keys! Look what you've done!
- We've got to have money.
- That's exactly what you're doing. [Figg: Shut up, you twit!]
- [as Robyn kicks him] Ow! Why, you little…!
- [last words before their defeat] But the girl!
Michael Starling edit
- Robyn, I'm coming! Hang on!
- Robyn, I promise I'll never leave you again.
Dr. Applecheek edit
- [last words before his defeat] Sorry, boys! One good turn deserves another! [laughs evilly]
- Puggsy: Well, well, well, look at the big brave pussy cat.
- [Jerry pokes his head out of the hole again. A brown dog sits in an abandoned car. The dog wears a cap, a shirt, a vest, and a scarf]
- Flea: Yeah, picking on a teensy-weensy mouse.
- Puggsy: He'll feel guilty for this for the rest of his days. First time out in the cold, right? [Tom and Jerry nod] And instead of being pals, you're fighting like a cat and a mouse.
- Flea: They are a cat and a mouse, Puggsy.
- [Tom and Jerry look around theirselves as they hear a voice.]
- Puggsy: That's true, Frankie, but they gotta learn to be pals or they aren't gonna make it out here. Is that true too?
- Flea: [Leaps onto Puggsy's snout] All too true too. Frankie da Flea is the name, and I'm of French extraction.
- Puggsy: Haha! That just means before he met me, he lived on a poodle. Haha! I've been on the streets 2 years now. My owners left me behind when they moved. The name is Puggsy. What's yours?
- Tom: I'm Tom.
- Jerry: I'm Jerry.
- [Tom and Jerry are both shocked as they look at each other.]
- Both: You talked!
- Tom: Well, sure, I talked. What do you think I am, a dummy?
- Jerry: You said it, I didn't.
- Tom: Hey, you little pipsqueak, I oughta...! Hey! How come you've never spoke before?
- Jerry: There was nothing I wanted to say that I thought you'd understand, and there still isn't!
- Tom: All right, that does it, you little...! Oh, boy, you [Grabs Jerry] get me angry!
- Robyn Starling: Who are you?
- Tom: Nobody.
- Jerry: Just us. He's Tom, and I'm Jerry.
- [Tom, Jerry, and their new friend, Robyn, are sitting near a fire under a bridge.]
- Jerry: So, your name's Robyn, and you ran away from home.
- Robyn: How did you know?
- Jerry: Your name's on your locket.
- [He points at Robyn's heart-shaped locket.]
- Robyn: Oh, yes. It's Robyn Starling. I'm afraid I don't have a home anymore. I'm an orphan. My mother died when I was a baby.
- Jerry: What about your father? What happened to him?
- Robyn: My father's on an expedition climbing a mountain, when the snow gave way in an– av– ava–
- Tom: Avalanche?
- Robyn: [Starts to cry] Uh-huh, and– he was the most wonderful father in the world. [Opens the locket and shows the duo pictures of herself and her father]
- Robyn: We had our own secret place just for the two of us, and–
- Jerry: And that's where you were going?
- Robyn: [Wipes a tear from her eye] Uh-huh, and to get away from– [Stops crying, then scowls] –my Aunt Figg. She's not really my aunt, just my guardian. But she's taken over the house. She moved me into the attic and gave my room to her dog, Ferdinand.
- Tom: Ferdinand?
- Robyn: Aunt Figg was always calling me "orphan". She even stole my locket and threw it out the window, but I climbed down and found it, and–
- Jerry: Kept on running.
- Robyn: As fast as I could– [Turns away and crosses her arms] –and I'm never going back.
- Tom: Oh, smart, real smart, kid. You got a roof over your head, three sure meals a day, a warm bed. Who'd wanna leave that?
- Jerry: I hate to admit it, Robyn, but Tom's right. You never know what you're missing till you don't have it.
- Robyn: You don't know Aunt Figg. She seems sweet, but underneath, she's mean! Real mean!
- Jerry: Aw, come on. I'll bet she's frantic looking for you.
- Tom: Oh, sure. She's crying her eyes out for you right this minute.
- Lickboot: [Discussing the truth about Robyn] Just pray the police find her, or we're doomed to return to the ranks of the peasantry. And you'd better hope this rumor that dashing Daddy Starling may have survived the avalanche is just a rumor, or we'll be worse than ordinary. We'll be...
- Figg: Don't say it!
- Lickboot: Poor.
- Figg: Penniless!
- Lickboot: Bankrupt!
- Figg: No more money?
- Lickboot: [In a sinister tone] We've got to have... money!
- [Tom and Jerry have just told Robyn that her father had survived the avalanche in Tibet.]
- Robyn: [Relieved] He's alive?! My daddy is alive?! I've got to go find him. He might be hurt. [Opens her drawer, then pulls out clothing and throws them aside] I'm sure he needs me. It'll be cold in Tibet. [As she throws the clothing out of the drawer, a sock flies into Jerry's face. As she puts on a raincoat, Jerry removes the sock. As a hat lands on Tom's head, she takes it off his head and puts it on her own] I better wear a hat.
- Jerry: Tibet?
- Robyn: [Sits on the bed to pull up her sock] If that's where my daddy is, that's where I'm going. [Gets up and goes to the edge of the bed]
- Tom: Do you have any idea where Tibet is?
- Robyn: No. [Pulls off the bedsheets from the bed]
- Jerry: It's way, way, way out there.
- Robyn: Put your finger here, please.
- [Tom puts his finger on the knot, allowing Robyn to tie the line to the bedpost.]
- Tom: [Pulls out his finger] It's– It's across the river.
- Jerry: Into the woods.
- Tom: Over the hills.
- Jerry: It's past Cleveland.
- Robyn: [Picks up the bedsheets] Here, Tom. [Gives Tom the line of bedsheets. He catches them] Throw this end out the window. [Tom makes his way over to the window. He opens it and drops the line of bedsheets down the front of the house. Robyn puts on her backpack. She looks down to the ground, then climbs down the line. Robyn lands on the ground. Tom and Jerry look down from the window] Tom, hurry!
- [Tom starts to climb down the line]
- Jerry: [Hops onto Tom's hands] Down, please.
- Tom: I'll give you down.
- [As Tom grabs him, Jerry points down. Tom looks down and realizes he has let go of the line and gulps, looking wide-eyed as if to say, "Oh, crap." Both he and Jerry fall to the ground. Figg wakes up, turns on the lamp, and removes her sleeping eye pieces]
- Figg: [Sees the line of bedsheets hanging outside the window] She's escaped again! I've gotta call Lickboot. [Picks up the phone]
- [Michael Starling speaks into a radio while flying his helicopter.]
- Man on radio: Your daughter has run away, and no one knows where she is.
- Michael: What? My daughter's run away? If Robyn's in trouble, there's only one place she'll go. [Turns the helicopter around and flies back to find his daughter]
- Robyn: What do we do?
- Tom: I'll get us outta here. Come on!
- Jerry: Push the red button. It's always red.
- Tom: I know! I was just gonna push it!
- [After the cabin, Robyn's Nest, was collapsed by the fire, Tom surfaces and searches for Jerry]
- Tom: Jerry! Jerry, where are you? Oh, don't leave me, little buddy. You just gotta be here! [Jerry watches from a piece of debris from the house] You're the best pal a guy could ever have! Please, be alive! I promise you. Uh, uh...
- Jerry: [behind Tom] All the cheese I can eat?
- Tom: Yeah, all the cheese you can eat. And, uh...
- Jerry: No more traps?
- Tom: No more traps.
- Jerry: And no tricks?
- Tom: No tricks.
- Jerry: That's a promise?
- Tom: That's a... [notices Jerry unharmed, enraged] Ooh, I'm gonna...! [grabs Jerry] Why, you little...!
- The world's most famous cat and mouse in their first motion picture.
- A Big Hit Movie. Coming Soon.
- To Save the Life of a Young Girl, This Cat and Mouse will have to do the impossible. They'll Have to Get Along.
- Welcome to the 90's. The Cold War is over. Western Europe is unified. The whole world is a kindler, gentler place to be. Well... almost.
Main voices edit
- Richard Kind — Tom Cat
- Dana Hill — Jerry Mouse
- Anndi McAfee — Robyn Starling
- Charlotte Rae — Pristine Figg
- Tony Jay — Lickboot
- Ed Gilbert — Puggsy & Michael Starling
- David L. Lander — Frankie da Flea
- Rip Taylor — Captain Kiddie
- Howard Morris — Squawk
- Henry Gibson — Dr. Applecheek
- Michael Bell — Ferdinand & Stray Catcher #1
- Sydney Lassick — Stray Catcher #2