|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Thomas Gerard "Tom" Tancredo (born December 20, 1945) is an American politician from the Republican Party. He has been a member of the United States House of Representatives since 1999, representing the 6th Congressional District of Colorado, which includes most of Denver's southern suburbs.
- I trust those conversions when they happen on the road to Damascus and not on the road to Des Moines.
- "And by the way, there is some irony here, when we are told that we need these workers to support an aging society, yet, over the past three decades we have allowed over 40 million Americans to die in abortion clinics. Why have we turned our hearts on our own innocent babies and embraced the culture of death? We no longer even talk about the tragedy of abortion or its consequences on our mothers, our culture, or our land. Instead, of course, we are replacing- we are seeking to replace the missing with an imported servant class."
- "And by the way, unless the United Nations stops becoming simply a debating society for anti-American rhetoric, I'm going to show them the door."
- "[The War on Terror is] not a war we started, it's a war we must finish, and it's tough when your enemies are psychopaths and your allies are the French"
- This is our culture; fight for it. This is our flag; pick it up. This is our country; take it back.
- Lincoln Day Dinner Speech (April 14, 2007).
- The only word I will accept on the word 'conservative', for me anyway, is 'unapologetic'. Because, I for one, am not sorry that we won the Cold War. I am not sorry that we reduced tax rates and created economic opportunities for millions. I am not sorry that we reformed welfare and put millions of people back to work. And I will never, ever apologize for America. It is the last best hope for Western civilization. Let's face it- no one flees for a better life from the United States, to say, Pakistan or anywhere for that matter. Why is it so hard for us, why is it so difficult for us to take pride in the fact of who we are, what we have created, what Western civilization really means.
- CPAC Afternoon Session (March 2, 2007).
- After September 11th, we were told that money was the lifeblood of terrorists, and that we should do everything possible to block their access to financial resources...Today we are hearing a far different message: Bank of America, it’s everywhere terrorists want to be.
- Tancredo blasts bank policy (February 14, 2007).
- Not only did the administration choose the side of a foreign dope-runner over the agents who stopped him from smuggling a load of drugs into the country - now they've failed to protect that agent while his case is on appeal...If the administration's goal was to deliver a one-two knockout punch to Border Patrol morale, they certainly succeeded
- Jailed Border Patrol agent beaten; Tancredo demands pardon (February 6, 2007).
- It is utterly hypocritical for Congress to extol the virtues of a color-blind society while officially sanctioning caucuses that are based solely on race and restrict their membership based on race.
- Tom Tancredo to Juanita Millender-MacDonald. (January 25, 2007).
- Look at what has happened to Miami. It has become a Third World country. You just pick it up and take it and move it someplace. You would never know you're in the United States of America. You would certainly say you're in a Third World country.
- Furor Grows Over Tancredo's 'Third World' Comments (November 30, 2006).
- Now, three years later, at the request of the regularly uncooperative Mexican government, your department has decided to use taxpayer resources to send marshals to Hawaii for Dog Chapman? This Administration routinely tells Congress that they cannot secure our borders and immigration system due to a lack of resources. We are told that the U. S . Attorneys offices in Border States are simply overwhelmed with cases and cannot prosecute all the violations even some of the serious ones. Yet somehow they have plenty of time to track down a Mexican drug smuggler and give him immunity so he can testify against our Border Patrol agents.
- Tom Tancredo to Attorney General Gonzales (September 15, 2006).
- Well, what if you said something like — if this happens in the United States, and we determine that it is the result of extremist, fundamentalist Muslims, you know, you could take out their holy sites.
-  (July 16, 2005).
- It is not just for the security of Iraq and the freedom of Iraq. It is for the security of the entire Middle East and for the freedom of the entire Middle East.... We are creating an environment that is threatening to the rest of the fundamentalist regimes in the area. This is an honorable goal on our part, but it is worrisome to the extreme. We do not know what they will do, nor what they have to do it with.
-  (June 15, 2004).