Titanic (1953 film)
1953 film by Jean Negulesco
TITANIC in Emotion...in Spectacle...in Climax...in Cast!
- [to Julia] Twenty years ago I made the unpardonable error of thinking I could civilize a girl who bought her hats out of a Sears-Roebuck catalog.
- [after a crewman plays a trumpet to announce dinner] Why do the British find it necessary to announce dinner as if it were a calvalry charge.
- [to Annette and Norman in their lifejackets] You two look fat and funny in those, sort of like Tweedledum and Tweedledee.
- Julia Sturges: [after losing the argument with their daughter, who decides to go with her father] Thank you, Richard. You were most helpful. Now you see why I wanted to steal a little more time.
- Richard Sturges: Please, Julia. Let's not bicker, since there's no love lost between us.
- Julia Sturges: That's the tragic part, Richard. There's been so much love lost between us.
- Earl Meeker: Hey, you can't come up here. This is reserved for first class only.
- Richard Sturges: Really. I'll do my best to behave properly.
- Maude Young: I've seen that look before. He's a runaway.
- Earl Meeker: From what, some woman?
- Maude Young: No, he's running too fast for that.
- Stoker: Don't go in there, sir. The starboard boiler's gone and the port one's about to go.
- Rev. Healey: Are there men in there?
- Stoker: A few, pinned under the rig. For God's sake mister, don't go in there.
- Rev. Healey: For God's sake, I am going in there.
- Julia Sturges: Oh Richard, where did we miss out on each other? I beg your pardon, Sir. I put you down as a useless man, someone to lead a cotillion.
- Richard Sturges: After all, it was my major talent.
- Julia Sturges: I'm sorry, sorry about everything.
- Richard Sturges: We have no time to catalog our regrets. All we can do is pretend 20 years didn't happen. It's June again. You were walking under some Elm trees in a white muslin dress, the loveliest creature I ever laid eyes on. That summer, when I asked you to marry me, I pledged my eternal devotion. I would take it as a very great favor Julia, if you would accept a restatement of that pledge.
- [They embrace passionately]
- Clifton Webb - Richard Ward Sturges
- Barbara Stanwyck - Julia Sturges
- Robert Wagner - Gifford "Giff" Rogers
- Audrey Dalton - Annette Sturges
- Harper Carter - Norman Sturges
- Thelma Ritter - Maude Young
- Brian Aherne - Capt. Edward John Smith
- Richard Basehart - George S. Healey
- Allyn Joslyn - Earl Meeker
- Frances Bergen - Madeleine Astor
- William Johnstone - John Jacob Astor IV