Irish computer programmer
- Work on Stuff that Matters
- Create more value than you Capture
- Collective intelligence. Think of how Wikipedia works, how Amazon harnesses user annotation on its site, the way photo-sharing sites like Flickr are bleeding out into other applications... We're entering an era in which software learns from its users and all of the users are connected.
- When asked "What innovation will most alter how we live in the next few years, as quoted in TIME magazine (24 October 2005)
- For a typical author, obscurity is a far greater threat than piracy.
- Sunday Tribune magazine (25 September 2005)
- "I find, Andrew Keen's, his whole pitch, I think he was just pure and simple looking for an angle, to create some controversy and sell a book, I don't think there's any substance whatever to his rants."
- The Truth According to the Wikipedia- IJsbrand van Veelen
- "Just do something that lights you up, and lights up your customers, and lights up the world and scale to that."
- Interview in New York by Publishing Point group (29 September 2010)
- Healthcare is one of the areas where open data will potentially take off soonest and have the biggest impact.
- "Open Source and the future of print in the age of the Social Network", Linux Voice, February 20, 2015. (WebCite archive)