- I love to compete. That's the essence of who I am.
- Tiger Woods Up Close And Personal, cbsnews.com (2006)
- I don't see myself as the Great Black Hope. I'm just a golfer who happens to be black and Asian. It doesn't matter whether they're white, black, brown or green.
- Tiger Woods,ref; St. James Encyclopedia of Pop Culture by D. Byron Painter []
- My goal is to remain healthy my entire career, and a healthy diet seems like a good start.
- Tiger Woods in Golf Digest, Sept, 2001.[]
- I think the best thing is being able to play golf competitively for a living. Ever since I was a little boy, that's something I've always wanted to do, and now I get a chance to live out my dreams.
- I've done it before. It won't be the last time. You're going to go years where you just don't win. That's okay, as long as you keep trying to improve.
- Interview (14 August 2003)
- I am pretty health-conscious, so when my girlfriend and/or I make dinner--no, I don't have a cook!--we choose the healthier options: lean meats, steamed veggies, fish, etc. Of course, there are always those cravings for the "bad foods" that I do give in to once in a while!
- My body is a little bit sore from all of the practicing and playing and training, and your mind gets a little tired of it, too. It's nice to be able to recharge and come back fresh for the remainder of the year.
- We have a lot of fun every year, and I really enjoy being part of junior golf and the development of these players.
- I don't want to be the best black golfer, I want to be the best golfer, period.
- Buddhism teaches that a craving for things outside ourselves causes an unhappy and pointless search for security. It teaches me to stop following every impulse and to learn restraint. Obviously, I lost track of what I was taught.