- I love to compete. That's the essence of who I am.
- Tiger Woods Up Close And Personal, cbsnews.com (2006)
- I don't see myself as the Great Black Hope. I'm just a golfer who happens to be black and Asian. It doesn't matter whether they're white, black, brown or green.
- Tiger Woods,ref; St. James Encyclopedia of Pop Culture by D. Byron Painter []
- My goal is to remain healthy my entire career, and a healthy diet seems like a good start.
- Tiger Woods in Golf Digest, Sept, 2001.[]
- I think the best thing is being able to play golf competitively for a living. Ever since I was a little boy, that's something I've always wanted to do, and now I get a chance to live out my dreams.
- I've done it before. It won't be the last time. You're going to go years where you just don't win. That's okay, as long as you keep trying to improve.
- Interview (14 August 2003)
- I am pretty health-conscious, so when my girlfriend and/or I make dinner--no, I don't have a cook!--we choose the healthier options: lean meats, steamed veggies, fish, etc. Of course, there are always those cravings for the "bad foods" that I do give in to once in a while!
- My body is a little bit sore from all of the practicing and playing and training, and your mind gets a little tired of it, too. It's nice to be able to recharge and come back fresh for the remainder of the year.
- We have a lot of fun every year, and I really enjoy being part of junior golf and the development of these players.
- I don't want to be the best black golfer, I want to be the best golfer, period.
- Buddhism teaches that a craving for things outside ourselves causes an unhappy and pointless search for security. It teaches me to stop following every impulse and to learn restraint. Obviously, I lost track of what I was taught.
- Tiger Woods was raised from infancy to be a great golfer and is not just intact but graceful and charming. The ranks of great golfers, swimmers and Dominican shortstops are not more noticeably skewed to the deranged than the general population.
- He didn't seem concerned about his injuries at the time, which is not uncommon in traffic collisions. Many times people tend to be in shock. It's a traumatic experience. It's not uncommon for people to be focused on unimportant things or even if they are in pain, they may not feel it until much later
- "Tiger Woods injured in car crash" (February 23, 2021)