Things Are Tough All Over
1982 film by Thomas K. Avildsen
Things Are Tough All Over is a 1982 film in which Cheech & Chong are hired to drive a limo from Chicago to Las Vegas by two shady Arabs. Unbeknownst to them, five million dollars of dirty money has been stuffed throughout the car.
A High Flying Comedy.taglines
- Sometimes it's not even the drugs that'll kill you, man. What really kills you is looking for drugs.
- [to Cheech] Hey, look... dude laid some peyote on me, man!
- [on several cups of coffee, driving] It was Rock 'n Roll that killed Elvis, man!
- [debating whether they are lost or not while climbing a hill]
- Prince Habib: I say we are lost.
- Mr. Slyman: We are not lost. We are Arabs. Lost is when you don't know where you are going.
- Prince Habib: Well, that is the point, where are we going?
- Mr. Slyman: We are going uphill.
- Prince Habib: Well, at least when we get to the top, we will know exactly where we are.
- [the two are now at the top, looking around them, but only see more hills]
- Mr. Slyman: You are right. Now I know exactly where we are.
- Prince Habib: You do?
- Mr. Slyman: Yes. We are in the middle of fucking nowhere! Where is the road? Ah, those two guys!
- Prince Habib: Yes, it was those two guys. They have stolen the road too!
- Mr. Slyman: Now I am sure of it.
- Prince Habib: You are sure of what?
- Mr. Slyman: That our mother messed around with a goat herder.
- Prince Habib: Nooo!
- Mr. Slyman: They've stolen our money?
- Prince Habib: And part of the car too.
- A High Flying Comedy.
- The Original HIGH Rollers Hit The Strip!
- CHEECH and CHONG take a cross-country trip... and wind up in some very funny joints.
- Cheech Marin - Cheech, Mr. Slyman and Narrator
- Tommy Chong - Chong "Man" and Prince Habib
- Evelyn Guerrero - Donna
- George Wallace - The Champ
- Toni Attell - Cocktail Waitress
- Mike Bacarella - Cop in Laundromat
- Billy Beck - Pop
- Don Bovingloh - Maitre D'
- Richard "Moon" Calhoun - Drummer
- Jennifer Condos - Bass Player
- John Corronna - St. Louis Biker
- Aaron Freeman - Cop in Ghetto
- Mike Friedman - Car Rental Agent
- Maya Harman - Belly Dancer
- Vanaghan S. Housepian - Henchman
- Rip Taylor - Himself
- Dave Coulier - Man with Tongue in Restaurant
- Ruby Wax - Restaurant Patron
- Shelby Chong - French Girl #1
- Rikki Marin - French Girl #2