Thierry Henri Philippe Baudet (born 28 January 1983) is a Dutch politician, academic and author. He is the founder and leader of Forum for Democracy (FvD), and has been a member of the House of Representatives since 2017. He also serves as the party's parliamentary leader. He is a controversial politician due to his political views.
- We have survived multiple ice ages, we have knocked down mammoths, we are carriers, we are heirs to the greatest civilization that ever existed.
- It is a masochistic heresy, this secularized Flood belief, which has taken hold of the hearts and minds of our rulers today. A mania, similar to the death cult that once ravaged Easter Island.
- Minerva's owl spreads its wings at nightfall.
- Like all the other countries of our boreal world, we are being destroyed by the very people who should protect us. We are being undermined by our universities, our journalists. By the people who receive our art grants and who design our buildings. And above all, we are undermined by our directors.
- We have been called to the front. Because we have to, because our country needs us.
- The West suffers from an autoimmune disease. A part of our organism — an important part: our immune system, which ought to protect us — has turned itself against us. At every level, we are being weakened, undermined, and surrendered. Malicious, aggressive elements are led into our social bodies in unheard numbers, and the actual circumstances and consequences are obscured.
- Thierry Baudet: Westen lijdt aan auto-immuunziekte. Address to the first party congress on Januay 14, 2017.
- I do not want Europe to Africanize, I want Europa to stay dominantly white and remain culturally the way it is.
- Thierry Baudet in de Vluchtweek. Interview on Radio Amsterdam on 17 September 2015.
- The EU was founded to wage war and reduce free trade. Since the thought behind it was that the Soviet Union had to be countered and that this could only be done with a command economy behind the facade of a fake national democracy. So the EU has nothing to do with peace and prosperity.
- Facebook post on 8 September 2017 at 1:41.
- I oppose contemporary art's fundamental point of departure - namely alienation, political "statements", oikophobia, self-hatred, and the deconstruction of our identity.
- Twitter. on 10 May 2018.
Quotes about Thierry BaudetEdit
- Thierry Baudet I met him once. A very likeable man. He wants the Netherlands to remain the Netherlands. Just as France has to remain France.
- Thierry Baudet at the House of Representatives website
- Thierry Baudet (in Dutch) at the Forum for Democracy website