The Wrestler (2008 film)
2008 film directed by Darren Aronofsky
Love. Pain. Glory.
Randy "The Ram" RobinsonEdit
- I just want to tell you, I'm the one who was supposed to take care of everything. I'm the one who was supposed to make everything okay for everybody. It just didn't work out like that. And I left. I left you. You never did anything wrong. I used to try to forget about you. I used to try to pretend that you didn't exist, but I can't. You're my girl. You're my little girl. And now, I'm an old broken down piece of meat... and I'm alone. And I deserve to be all alone. I just don't want you to hate me.
- The only place I get hurt is out there. [points away from the ring] The world don't give a shit about me.
- I just wanna say to you all tonight, I'm very grateful to be here. A lot of people told me that I'd never wrestle again. And that's all I do. You know, if you live hard and you play hard, and you burn the candle at both ends, you pay the price for it. You know, in this life you can lose everything that you love, everything that loves you. Now, I don't hear as good as I used to, and I forget stuff, and I ain't as pretty as I used to be. But god-damn it, I'm still standing here and I'm The Ram. [applause] As time goes by, as time goes by, they say: 'He's washed up. He's finished. He's a loser. He's all through.' But you know what? The only ones who are gonna tell me when I'm through doing my thing is you people here! [applause] You people here, you people here are the ones who are worth bringing it for, because you're my family. I love all of you. Thank you so much.
- [describing the deli counter] It's an endless parade of horny housewives begging for your man meat.
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Goddamn they don't make em' like they used to.
- Cassidy: Fuckin' 80's man, best shit ever!
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Bet'chr ass man, Guns N' Roses! Rules.
- Cassidy: Crüe!
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Yeah!
- Cassidy: Def Lep!
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Then that Cobain pussy had to come around and ruin it all.
- Cassidy: Like there's something wrong with just wanting to have a good time?
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: I'll tell you somethin', I hate the fuckin' 90's.
- Cassidy: Fuckin' 90's sucked.
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Fuckin' 90's sucked.
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Give this to your son, it's an authentic Randy "the Ram" action figure. Tell him not to lose it, it's a $300 collectors item.
- Cassidy: Really?
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: No.
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: [about his nametag that says 'Robin'] Hey, this is supposed to say 'Randy'.
- Wayne: I guess personnel just got it off your W-4.
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: WAYNE!... Do I gotta wear it?
- Wayne: No... you're special.
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: WAYNE!... Can they fix it?
- Wayne: Just wear the fucking thing, OK?
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: [at the deli counter] What can I get for you, good-lookin'?
- 'Touchdown Man: Half pound of egg salad.
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: HALF POUND OF EGG SALAD, COMIN' UP!
- 'Touchdown Man]: Is it fresh?
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Fresh? Fresh as monkey's breath, brother!
- Necro Butcher: Are you cool with the staples?
- Randy 'The Ram' Robinson: Staples?
- Necro Butcher: Staple gun... Not so bad on the way in, except it's a little scary, you know - you got this metal thing pressed up against you. Gonna leave some marks, have to deal with a little blood loss.