musical based on The Wizard of Oz
The Wiz: The Super Soul Musical "Wonderful Wizard of Oz" is a musical. The music and lyrics were provided by Charlie Smalls. It is a retelling of L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I can't see how goin' south 125th street ever made anybody's life better.
- You mean I could have gone home...by clicking my heels three times?
- When I think of home, I think of a place, where there's love overflowing.
- I wish I was home, I wish I was back with there, with the things I've been knowing.
- You never needed anything from a fake wizard anyway
- Is today the day you're gonna help me down from here?
- You can't win child
- If I only had a brain I would have figured that out a long time ago
The Tin ManEdit
- oh, what I wouldn't give to be in shock...just once.
- The genius who created me only took care of my dashing good looks, my razor sharp wit and my irresistible attraction to the wrong women. What he forgot to add...was a heart.
- What would I do if I could suddenly feel?
- Slide some oil to me!
- Well, I thought I'd seen 'em all . But never, never have I seen a lion... without courage .
- Capital suggestion , capital !
- Cause I'm a mean ole lion
- That's my name, Fleetwood Coup DeVille...mama had high ideas. You know what I mean?
- In my own way I'm a lion
- I thought it over and green is dead, 'til I change my mind the color's red
- How quick fashion goes down the drain, last week when you all was wearing pink, Already for me, red was old. The Ultimate color brick is gold. That's the new color children. Hit it.
- I'm just plain old Herman Smith from Atlantic City
- You can talk to me crazy
Evilene: The Wicked Witch of the WestEdit
- But don't nobody bring me no bad news
- Would you like sauerkraut... or mustard, my dear... ON YOUR HOT DOG?!
Glinda the GoodEdit
- Believe in yourself.
- Think of home.
- Bottom line honey, This chick put the "ugh" in ugly
- He's the Wiz and he lives in Oz
- Dorothy: But where's my home? Where's Aunt Em? Where's New York?
- Miss One: New York?
- Dorothy: 433 Prospect Place
- Miss One: Ooh! 4, 3, 3. You wanna play more than one number today honey? I got a freedom special, three numbers for the price.
- Dorothy: No, I don't wanna play any numbers. I just wanna get home!
- Evilene: So, no one stopped Dorothy, eh? ALL RIGHT! AMATEUR NIGHT IS OVER! I'm summoning my flying monkeys!
- Slaves: NO!! NO!! NOT THE FLYING MONKEYS!!!
- Evilene: Yes! Yes! The flying monkeys! I hate to have to do this myself, because I can't stand the smells. BUT THESE ARE RED ALERT CONDITIONS!!