The Twilight Zone (2019 TV series)
The Twilight Zone is a web television series developed by Simon Kinberg, Jordan Peele (who also narrates) and Marco Ramirez, based on the original series created by Rod Serling. Like its predecessors, this show contains mostly ironic or special situations with a twist at the end, which show the human nature, coupled with science fiction, horror or fantasy.
Season 1 (2019) Edit
The Comedian [1.1] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Samir Wassan is an artist of great principle, a man who refuses to compromise his beliefs for a cheap joke. But tonight, he felt the rush of the limelight for the first time. Now, he'll have to decide what really matters to him when the laughter stops and how much he's willing to give... to the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: Samir Wassan learned the hard way that sometimes, getting everything you want means losing everything you love. And after finally finding himself on the verge of becoming somebody, he chose instead to once again be a nobody. In the end, Samir's final encore is a show you can only buy a ticket to... in the Twilight Zone.
Nightmare at 30,000 Feet [1.2] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Settling in for a thirteen-hour transatlantic flight to a land rife with ancient mysteries is Justin Sanderson. Mr. Sanderson's occupation is to uncover unbiased truth, but with an hour left before certain doom, he must ask the right questions of the right people. Landing at the truth this time will require an unscheduled stopover... in the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: In his final moments, Justin Sanderson made the case that he did everything he could to avert disaster. But in the end, he was an investigative reporter unwilling to investigate himself until it was too late. Justin discovered that the flight path to hell is paved with good intentions and it passes directly... through the Twilight Zone.
Replay [1.3] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Presenting Nina Harrison, a woman who left her past behind to provide a better future for her son. Today, however, she will have no choice but to revisit history again and again on a fateful drive through the perilous highways... of the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: Nina Harrison found that only by embracing her past could she protect her son's future and it was love, not magic, that kept evil at bay. But for some evils, there are no magical permanent solutions and the future remains uncertain, even here... in the Twilight Zone.
A Traveler [1.4] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Meet Sergeant Yuka Mongoyak, a woman with a knack for detecting the most subtle of mistruths. On this night, a night of the most powerful of myths, that skill will be tested like never before. She's about to learn that the truth can take many different forms, depending on how you look at it. Because tonight, Sergeant Yuka's vantage point is at the very heart... of the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: The most dangerous lies come in the form of beautifully wrapped gifts. On this evening, Sergeant Yuka discovered that there's no difference between myth and mistruth. She unwrapped her fateful present far too late on this dark and silent night... in the Twilight Zone.
The Wunderkind [1.5] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Meet Raff Hanks, a wunderkind. Once the most successful campaign manager of his generation. Now Raff finds himself in a valley of booze and regret. One filled with bad choices and even worse polling. He's about to embark on a misguided road to redemption. And on his way back to the top, he'll have to take a dark detour... through the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: Society is a fragile ecosystem. Razzle and dazzle people with the right lies and eventually they'll go blind to the madness right in front of their faces. Raff Hanks made a living selling the American dream. But, once sold, he created a true nightmare that he couldn't buy back. Especially not here... in the Twilight Zone.
Six Degrees of Freedom [1.6] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Five voyagers setting sail to a mysterious red light thirty-five million miles across an empty sea, soaring within the greatest invention ever created by the human spirit to escape a catastrophe made possible by the most destructive regions of the human mind. Individual madness or shared nightmare? The answer lies in their search for safe harbor here... in the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: It is said that seeing is believing. The crew of the Bradbury Heavy mission to Mars might tell you otherwise. They are about to find out that they couldn't trust their own eyes. But who, or what, can we trust if not ourselves? The answer lies somewhere between takeoff and landing... in the Twilight Zone.
Not All Men [1.7] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Meet Annie Miller. Annie has always seen the world as a place where she could maintain control if she just played by the rules. But tonight marks the beginning of a change, both in her and in the idyllic town she's always called home. On the eve of her sister's birthday, Annie will be forced to contend with an event well out of her control, and a simmering violence about to boil over... into the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: Tonight, Annie Miller found herself in the center of a mysterious and violent epidemic. What she encountered was no material disease, but rather a plague of conscience. One that gave men permission to ignore decency, consent, and fear. And tonight, all it took was a few innocuous little rocks to turn men into monsters. Here... in the Twilight Zone.
Point of Origin [1.8] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Meet Eve Martin. Loving mother, devoted wife, active in her community. Eve was raised to view the world from a bubble of comfort, safety and privilege. But that bubble... is about to burst. And when it does, she will find herself within the strange and unfamiliar borders... of the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: We are all immigrants from somewhere, be it another city, another country, or another dimension. As a child, Eve Martin escaped to what should have been a better world. A world where the skies are blue. But now those skies have darkened, and the land below them is a place she is no longer welcome. For Eve Martin, there's no passport to be stamped for passage... out of the Twilight Zone.
The Blue Scorpion [1.9] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Here sits Professor Jeffery Mingus Storck, a man who holds a doctorate in anthropology, but possesses little true knowledge of himself. Today, Professor Storck is surrounded by the many familiar artifacts that shaped his father's life, and the one unknown object that ended it. As a scientist, he's about to embark on his darkest research project yet. His conclusion will lie somewhere between the barrel of a gun and the outer regions... of the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: Human beings have a funny way of treating things like people. But today, they'll learn that as long as objects are valued more than lives, tragedy will forever be manufactured here...in the Twilight Zone.
Blurryman [1.10] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Picture, if you will, a storyteller finally getting to tell the story of a lifetime, except the story is one of inexplicable terror and the lifetime is her own. Her name is Sophie Gelson. She has little patience for childish diversions or daydreams. But she won't be able to tune out or turn away from what lurks, blurry, in the background of her own show. She is about to learn that when blurry comes to focus, there can be no escape from the fate laid out for her... in the Twilight Zone.
- Rod Serling: What do we do when our world is turned upside down? When everything we thought to be true is ripped away, and we're forced to face a new reality? Sophie Gelson has just awoken to the fact that when we put away childish things, we may be closing our eyes instead of opening them. And that perhaps our only hope is to face all reality, a multitude of truths, not shrinking from that vital, arrogant, fatal, dominant "X" beyond imagination, but to embrace it. To open ourselves to the unknown, not the end of the story, but a new beginning... for the Twilight Zone.
Season 2 (2020) Edit
Meet in the Middle [2.1] Edit
- Jordan Peele: A voice in your head can mean a few different things. A conscience, divine inspiration, or madness. But what if, instead, it were a case of crossed wires, one made through the tangled, enigmatic switchboards... of the Twilight Zone?
- Jordan Peele: What kind of compromise goes into connecting with another human being? Is it meeting in the middle? Or going all the way to the end of the line? Phillip Hayes found connection, but only with the darkest part of his soul. A region of self that he'll inhabit for the rest of his life. Here... in the Twilight Zone.
Downtime [2.2] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Michelle Weaver is a woman who's worked her entire life to get where she is in the world. Now, as this new chapter begins, it's the world itself that's about to change. She's about to take a break from life as she knows it and book an extended stay here... in the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: How would you feel if you spent your life making your dreams a reality only to find out that reality itself was a dream all along? We can never know what makes something real, but today, Michelle Weaver has found meaning in an otherwise synthetic world. And that's good enough for her... here in the Twilight Zone.
The Who of You [2.3] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Meet Harry Pine. Up until now, he's failed to realize that he's not the center of the world. But, as you can see, he's also not entirely himself at the moment. Harry's mind is an uninvited guest in an unfamiliar body. He's about to go on a journey of self-discovery, the kind that's only possible here... in the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: Harry Pine took a dangerous risk. One that cost him his body and his soul. But in a way, he caught the big break he was waiting for. For better or worse, he'll have plenty of time to practice for this performance. If you're looking for Harry Pine, you'll find him starring in the role of a lifetime on a show that will run forever here... in the Twilight Zone.
Ovation [2.4] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Jasmine Delancey has spent her entire life in search of one thing: applause. Now that she's found it, it's given her a new sense of meaning. But what, exactly, is the value of an ovation so loud it drowns out the performance? Jasmine's about to find out here... in the Twilight Zone.
Among the Untrodden [2.5] Edit
- Jordan Peele: High school. It's a period that, for most of us, already feels like a waking nightmare, one in which we're lost in a maze, searching for ourselves. But what if, during this precarious phase of our development, you introduced a set of extraordinary powers? That's all it will take to send the student body of St. Mary's Boarding School on a harrowing field trip... to the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: On the surface, Madison appeared to have it all. But on the inside, she was lost, alone. So she created Irene, a projection in every sense. One part wish fulfillment, another part confession. An unconscious cry for help from within her psychic prison... in the Twilight Zone.
8 [2.6] Edit
- Jordan Peele: At the bottom of the world, a group of scientists is about to encounter an entity of vast intelligence. What they're about to learn will go further and deeper than anything they hoped to learn. Beyond science, beyond fear, beyond humanity... in the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: What if our role has always been not to rule this world, but to prime it? To lay the foundation for the true inheritors of the Earth? The reign of humankind has come to a close today, here in the dark, icy waters... of the Twilight Zone.
A Human Face [2.7] Edit
- Jordan Peele: When they come, what form will they choose? And if they present us with the right one, will we let them in, welcome them with open arms? Robert and Barbara are about to find out that it may not even matter what's inside, as long as it arrives in the right package. Open the doors. We've just received a delivery... from the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: It traveled here at speeds we cannot imagine, across distances we cannot understand, single-minded, perfectly designed to conquer, to absorb, only to be conquered itself by humanity. It will go on laboring now under a yoke of its own design in one of the remotest colonies... of the Twilight Zone.
A Small Town [2.8] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Mr. Jason Grant. A man looking to make a big difference in a small town. But being the change you wish to see in the world is a lot more complicated when you've got that whole world in your hands. It's all a matter of perspective here... in the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: We can never calculate what change our actions will bring into the world, despite our best intentions, and whether they will be for good or ill. Yet without action, the stars themselves go cold. Jason Grant wanted to change the world for the better, but the power to do so got the best of him until he lost it all. But today, perhaps losing it all – both for Mr. Grant and for the town of Littleton – was the beginning of something new. Lonely hands find each other in the shadows, both in our imperfect world and in... the Twilight Zone.
Try, Try [2.9] Edit
- Jordan Peele: You might say that Claudia King has found herself on a kind of blind date. One set up not by friend, family, or coworker. This is a match neither made in Heaven nor the Internet but in the far darker web... of the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: Claudia King will, like most of us, proceed directly to a lifetime of tomorrows, leaving Marc Wheeler to spend an eternity in a prison of his own design: the inability, no matter how many tries he's given, to see beyond himself. An endless loop of solitary confinement here... in the Twilight Zone.
You Might Also Like [2.10] Edit
- Jordan Peele: Submitted for your approval: Mrs. Janet Warren, a woman who would seem to have everything. Every thing. But possessions have weight. We can't carry them all at the same time, especially when taking an unscheduled trip... into the Twilight Zone.
- Jordan Peele: Existential dread got you down? Well, Mrs. Janet Warren finally found relief. Albeit for a limited time only. But buyer beware: all sales are final here... in the Twilight Zone.