The Star Chamber
The Star Chamber is a 1983 film about an idealistic young judge who, disgusted with criminals escaping the judicial system via technicalities, investigates an alternative method for punishing the guilty.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Superior Court Judge Steven R. HardinEdit
- The law. Nothing is right or wrong! It's either the law or it's not the law. Well, we got a problem here, because it's not working anymore. It turns out that right and wrong count.
- There's a lot of nobility in this room. Must be the paneling.
Judge Benjamin CaulfieldEdit
- Someone has taken justice and hidden it in the law.
- Dr. Harold Lewin: How can someone torture a child? How do you erase that sound from your head? Those two are creatures, they're not human beings.
- Judge Caulfield: It's always been a game, only now the bad guys have a stronger team, got a better draft.
- Judge Hardin: You know I took a lot of notes in your class and I can never remember you saying anything quite like that.
- Judge Caulfield: You should have taken fewer notes and listened more.
- Det. Wickman: Did you eat?
- Det. Lowes: Yes.
- Det. Wickman: When?
- Det. Lowes: Yesterday.
- Det. Wickman: If you don't eat, you could die. You could die here. I don't want you to die here. If you die here, I have to fill out all kinds of paperwork. And you know how I hate to do paperwork.
- They meet. They judge. They execute... All in the name of the law.
- Someone has hidden justice within the law. Now justice is breaking out.
- ...Where justice is served with a vengeance.
- The only one willing to stop them is one of their own. And when you know who they really are, you'll wish you didn't.
- They are the most powerful members of our community. They have a shattering secret. A secret that will affect us all. Only one man is willing to stop them. On August 5, you'll know who they really are.
- Michael Douglas - Superior Court Judge Steven R. Hardin
- Hal Holbrook - Judge Benjamin Caulfield
- Yaphet Kotto - Det. Harry Lowes
- Sharon Gless - Emily Hardin
- James B. Sikking - Dr. Harold Lewin
- Joe Regalbuto - Arthur Cooms
- Don Calfa - Lawrence Monk
- David Faustino - Tony Hardin
- Larry Hankin - Det. Kenneth Wiggan
- Dick Anthony Williams - Det. Paul Mackey
- DeWayne Jessie - Stanley Flowers
- David Proval - Officer Nelson
- Michael Ensign - Judge Kirkland
- Diana Douglas - Adrian Caulfield
- Frances Bergen - Mrs. Cummins
- Robert Costanzo - Sgt. Spota