The Secret Garden (1993 film)
1993 film by Agnieszka Holland
The timeless tale of a special place where magic, hope, and love grow. (taglines)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I didn't cry because I do not know how to cry.
- My mother didn't have time to tell me stories.
- What? You thought I was a what? You... You... You daughter of a pig!
- May I have a bit of earth?
- I've stolen a garden. But it may already be dead, I don't know.
- The spell was broken. My uncle learned to laugh, and I learned to cry. The secret garden is always open now. Open, and awake, and alive. If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden. [last line of the film]
- If you scream another scream, I will scream too. And I can scream louder than you, and for longer.
- Be quiet! You're the most selfish boy that ever was! I hate you!
- No one who's ill can scream like that!
- I'm master when my father's away.
- Spores are the little things in the wind that get stuck to your lungs.
- I'm coming back tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that and the day after that.
- I don't care.
- When they said you were coming from India I thought you were going to be a native.
- I thought all little girls liked to be tickled.
- Begging your pardon, Miss.
- [her uncle finds her sitting alone on the moor, after having been led there by Colin]
- Lord Craven: Are you out here all by yourself?
- Mary: It-it wasn’t wanted.
- Lord Craven: What wasn’t wanted?
- Mary: The-the garden.
- Lord Craven: You’re right, I never wanted to see it again.
- Mary: You never wanted to see Colin.
- Lord Craven: You brought us back to life, Mary, you did something I thought no-one could do, I won't shut it up again, I promise, forgive me.
- Colin Craven: Mary! Mary! What about the spores, can you see them! Mary! Mary! Mary! Oh, no! [falls out of his wheelchair and onto the floor screaming and crying]
- Martha: Lem, come here and help me please! [Colin continues screaming and crying] Put him on the bed! Calm yourself, Master Colin. Just calm down, calm down. Go and see if Mrs. Medlock's back! Shh, calm down! Calm down, please! God.
- The timeless tale of a special place where magic, hope, and love grow.
- Maggie Smith - Mrs. Medlock
- Kate Maberly - Mary Lennox
- Andrew Knott - Dickon Sowerby
- Heydon Prowse - Colin Craven
- John Lynch - Lord Archibald Craven (Colin's father and Mary's uncle)
- Irène Jacob - Mrs. Lennox (Mary's mother) / Lilias Craven (Colin's mother)
- Colin Bruce - Major Lennox (Mary's father)
- Laura Crossley - Martha Sowerby
- Walter Sparrow - Ben Weatherstaff