The Rocketeer (film)
1991 film directed by Joe Johnston
- [to Peevy after a bad date with Jenny] Why don't you stick that welding torch in my ear, and call it the end of a perfect day.
Jenny Blake Edit
- I've finally played a scene with Neville Sinclair.
A. "Peevy" Peabody Edit
- [to a pair of FBI agents] You chase a couple of two-bit crooks across our runway, crash into my pilot, and it's our fault?
Eddie Valentine Edit
- [as the FBI catch Sinclair's SA commandos and Cliff blasts off nearby, picks up Tommy gun] Lousy Krauts, let 'em have it!! [opens fire]
- Cliff Secord: [donning the Rocketeer's helmet] How do I look?
- "Peevy" Peabody: Like a hood ornament.
- [at the South Seas Club, Jenny tries to get some air but somebody pulls her into the bushes. It's Cliff Secord posing as a waiter]
- Jenny Blake: Are you out of your mind? What are you doing here?
- Cliff Secord: Listen to me.
- Blake: You're jealous.
- Secord: I'm not jealous! Jenny, Bigelow's been murdered.
- Blake: Murdered?
- Secord: Remember the rocket we found? The people that are looking for it murdered Bigelow to get to me. Now they're after you. They have your picture, the one from the Gee Bee. Jenny, prepare yourself for a shock. [short breath] I'm the Rocketeer.
- Blake: The Rocke-who?
- [Jenny chances upon a secret room and a radio. She tries to make a call, but the voice on the other end is German]
- Jenny Blake: Oh, my God... Neville Sinclair is a-
- Neville Sinclair: [appears, with Lothar in tow] A what? Spy? Saboteur? Fascist? All of the above.
- [at the Griffith Observatory, Cliff is forced at gunpoint to give Neville Sinclair his rocket pack and spare Jenny's life]
- Cliff Secord: What's it like working for a Nazi, Eddie? He pay you in dollars or deutschmarks?
- Eddie Valentine: [to Sinclair] What's he talking about?
- Secord: Oh I got it straight from the Feds, Eddie. Nazi spy ring, flying commandos, the works.
- Neville Sinclair: [laughs] Kid's been flying where the air is too thin.
- Jenny Blake: Ask him about the secret room and the Germans on the radio.
- Valentine henchman: [points Tommy gun at Lothar] Relax, Frankenstein. You ain't bullet proof.
- Valentine: Talk fast, Sinclair.
- Secord: You tell him, Eddie.
- Valentine: [to Cliff] Shut up!
- Sinclair: Come on, Eddie, I'm paying you well. Does it matter who I work for?
- Valentine: It matters to me. I may not make an honest buck, but I'm 100 percent American. And I don't work for no two-bit Nazi. [points pistol at him and the mobsters follow] Let her go.
- Jenny Blake: Everything about you is a lie.
- Neville Sinclair: It wasn't lies, Jenny... It was acting. [laughs evilly] I'll miss Hollywood. [launches in the rocket pack]
- Cliff Secord: I don't think so.
- [Barely feet from the airship, the rocket pack bursts into flames, sending Sinclair plummeting, screaming, into the Hollywoodland sign.]
- The Rocketeer (1991) Quotes