The Rats (2002 film)
The Rats is a 2002 made-for-TV horror film, written by Frank Deasy and directed by John Lafia It is about a clan of rats in New York City transformed, as part of a DNA research trial, into man-eating killers who take over a Manhattan department store and threaten to overrun New York City.
- Directed by John Lafia. Produced by Bob Roe. Written by Frank Deasy.
- Susan Costello: Hi, I'm Susan Costello. Oh! Are you alright?
- Jay: Yeah, I think so.
- Susan Costello: How'd you cut it?
- Jay: I don't know, I just reached down to get my clothes.
- Susan Costello: Can you show me where?
- [They walk to the changing room]
- Jay: It was right over there.
- Susan Costello: Okay.
- [She searches through Jay's clothes then gasps]
- Susan Costello: It was a carpet tack.
- Jay: But how can that just cut...
- Susan Costello: I'm so sorry! I'll have maintenance check it out right away. Listen, you were having a fun day. We don't want to spoil it. I want you to take that outfit home.
- Jay: You mean for free?
- Susan Costello: Yeah, it looks great on you.
- Jay: [she laughs] Wow! Thank you!
- Susan Costello: Sure.
- Jay: Um, you don't think I'm gonna need a shot or anything, do you?
- Susan Costello: Well, it's not rusty, but you should probably have your doctor look at it, okay?
- Jay: Okay.
- Susan Costello: Fine.
- Jay: Thanks.
- The City's Rat Race Just Got Deadly.
- They're bold... They're breeding... They're hungry... Most of all... They have no fear.
- They are intelligent, thirsting for blood... and ready to attack!