The Phantom of the Opera (1989 film)
1989 film by Dwight H. Little
Robert Englund Was "Freddy." Now he's the... Phantom of the Opera An all new nightmare! (taglines)
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Hawkins: Do you believe in God, Mr. Dutton?
- Richard: Yes.
- Hawkins: Good. Because it's going to take a leap of faith for you to understand what I'm about to tell you. The Phantom is real. It has a name. Erik Destler.
- Richard: But that's just a story.
- Hawkins: I know the legend as well as you. He sold his soul to the devil so the world would love him for his talent. The devil had a price. He mutilated his face so terribly, that no one could stand to love him ever again.
- Richard: And it's said the only way to kill the Phantom is to destroy his music.
- Hawkins: I don't believe in phantoms or legends, Mr. Dutton, but I do believe in facts. And the fact is, this man, this creature, is still alive. Still alive and living under your opera.
- Christine: Are you going to kill me now, too?
- Erik Destler: Everyone dies... I only choose the time and place for a few.
- Christine: When do you choose for me?
- Erik Destler: This is either a wedding march or a funeral mass. You decide which.
- Christine: You're him, aren't you?
- Erik Destler/Foster: Had you expected someone else? Christine, you have always been my inspiration. You. And now, it's only a question of what you want: Love or music.
- Robert Englund Was "Freddy." Now he's the... Phantom of the Opera An all new nightmare!
- Hollywood remakes everything and I am not an actor to complain about it. One of my biggest paydays ever was when I did the remake of Phantom of the Opera. We have to remember the movies our grandparents saw are all remakes of silent films.
- Robert Englund, Robert Englund On Remakes, ‘Elm Street’ and ‘The Last Showing’ (September 10, 2014)