The Party (film)
1968 comedy film directed by Blake Edwards
If you've ever been to a wilder party... you're under arrest (taglines)
Hrundi V. BakshiEdit
- Birdie Num Num
- Thirty days have September, October, June and February, all the rest have 29, except my brother who got six months.
- Wisdom is the province of the aged, but the heart of a child is pure.
- Howdy partiner
- Director: You.
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: Me?
- Director: Yes, you. Get off of my set, and out of my picture. Off, off! You're washed up, you're finished! I'll see to it that you never make another movie again!
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: Does that include television, sir?
- Director: You ready? Action!
- [Hrundi sneaks up behind a man and tries to stab him with a knife, he wears a very large wrist watch]
- Director: [jumps to his feet] Cut, damn it! Cut! [very patiently] Mr. Bakshi.
- Hrundi V. Bakshi:Yes, sir.
- Director: Has it occurred to you...that the period of our picture is 1878?
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: Yes, indeed, sir. I am well aware...that that is the period of the film.
- Director: Mr. Bakshi, are you also aware...that in 1878 they weren't wearing underwater watches?
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: Yes, sir. I know that. They had not even been invented.
- Director: You got the time?
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: [looks at his watch] Yes, it's... [freezes] oh, my God.
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: We have a saying in India...
- Michelle Monet: Yes?
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: Yes.
- Michelle Monet: Well?
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: Well what?
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: Hrundi V. Bakshi.
- Michelle Monet: Pardon?
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: That is what my name is called.
- C. S. Divot: You mashuga!
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: I am not your sugar.
- [A waiter carries a plate of hors d'oeuvres, oblivious that Hrundi's shoe is on top of it]
- Waiter: Would you care for some hors-d'oeuvres sir?
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: I am on a diet, but to hell with it! [Takes his shoe]
- C. S. Divot: Just who do you think you are?
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: In India, we don't think who we are. We know who we are.
- [last lines]
- Michelle Monet: Oh, here's your hat.
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: Oh, look... you keep it.
- Michelle Monet: But you may need it.
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: No, I'd like you to keep it.
- Michelle Monet: All right. If you think that you should want it or need it sometimes...
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: Well, if I need it... I could always come, perhaps, and pick it up.
- Michelle Monet: That would be very nice.
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: When would you be available for me to pick up my hat?
- Michelle Monet: Well... [laughs shyly] maybe next week.
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: I'll come and get it then.
- Michelle Monet: OK.
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: For I'd love to have my hat back.
- Michelle Monet: Goodbye.
- Hrundi V. Bakshi: Bye bye.
- If you've ever been to a wilder party... you're under arrest
- Peter Sellers — Hrundi V. Bakshi
- Claudine Longet — Michele Monet
- Herbert Ellis — Director
- Gavin MacLeod — C. S. Divot
- James Lanphier — Harry (head waiter)
- Steve Franken — Levinson (drunk waiter)
- Natalia Borisova — Ballerina
- Jean Carson — Nanny
- Marge Champion — Rosalind Dunphy
- Al Checco — Bernard Stein
- Corinne Cole — Janice Kane
- Dick Crockett — Wells
- Frances Davis — Maid
- Danielle De Metz — Stella D'Angelo
- Paul Ferrara — Ronnie Smith
- Kathe Green — Molly Clutterbuck
- Allen Jung — Cook