The Other Sister
1999 film by Garry Marshall
The Other Sister is a 1999 movie directed by Garry Marshall about a mentally challenged girl who sets out to prove that she is capable of leading a normal life and love.
- I love you every minute. I love you more than marching bands and cookie making.
- (After watching a couple do a body shot at the bar) Normal couples don't do that. They're from college.
- Carla Tate: I wonder who thought up sex?
- Daniel McMann: I think it was Madonna.
- Carla Tate: Have you ever done it before?
- Daniel McMann: Well, yeah, kind of. You see, the guys at work, they chipped in and they found this girl, and she had a reputation. There was a lot of kissing and hugging and a lot of rubbing, and I kind of finished before I was supposed to. You have to be a guy to understand that.
- A love story for the romantically challenged.
- A Romantic Comedy About Letting Go!
- Juliette Lewis - Carla Tate
- Diane Keaton - Elizabeth Tate
- Tom Skerritt - Dr. Radley Tate
- Giovanni Ribisi -- Daniel "Danny" McMann
- Poppy Montgomery - Caroline Tate
- Sarah Paulson - Heather Tate
- Linda Thorson - Drew Evanson
- Joe Flanigan - Jeff Reed
- Juliet Mills - Winnie the Housekeeper
- Tracy Reiner - Michelle
- Hector Elizondo as Ernie