The Omen (2006 film)
The Omen (released on June 6th) is a 2006 horror film, a remake of the 1976 horror film starring Gregory Peck and Lee Remick. Like the original, the film stars A-list actors, such as Liev Schreiber, Julia Stiles, David Thewlis, Mia Farrow and Michael Gambon.
- What do you know about my son?
- You want me to stab a child. A little boy. Can't you see how insane that is? It isn't real, Keith. There is no devil, there is no God-- there is only here and now and life. And that is something I would never take away from any man, certainly not my own son.
- [Last words] Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread [Cries] and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation--
- No atheists in foxholes, eh?
- Well if you won't, I will.
- Accept responsibility, Mr. Thorn. You did it. You let them do it.
- I was at the hospital, Mr. Thorn, the night your son was born.
- Your son, Mr. Thorn... the Son of the Devil.
- You'll see me in Hell, Mr. Thorn. We'll spend eternity together.
- Unnamed Bishop: [To Pope (translated)] Your Holiness, the prophecy is in the Book of Revelation, 8:7. [Begins a slide] "When the First Angel blew his trumpet, wind and rain pounded the earth. When the Second Angel blew his trumpet, mountains of fire came tumbling down. [Refrencing 9/11] When the Third Angel blew his trumpet, a flaming star fell from above." [Referencing the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster], flaming like a torch. When the Fourth Angel blew his trumpet, the sea rose up and swallowed two hundred thousand people. [Referencing the Indian Ocean Tsunami] When the Fifth Angel blew his trumpet, a star fell from heaven to earth and to Him was the key to the bottomless pit. When the Sixth Angel blew his trumpet, the Beast was freed from the bottomless pit and wreaked havoc upon the earth."
- Unnamed Bishop: [Translated] Your Holiness, the sequence of events has been successfully interpreted. The appearance of the comet only confirms our worst fear. We stand now, on the eve of Armageddon. The darkest evil this way comes and He will do battle for our very souls.
- Robert Thorn: Is she all right?
- Father Spiletto: She is resting.
- Robert Thorn: And the child?
- Father Spiletto: [beat] The child is dead. She doesn't know.
- Robert Thorn: [shaken] It was... everything to her. A child.
- Father Spiletto: Mr. Thorn... your wife, there was damage to the womb. She might not be able to...
- Robert Thorn: She might not be able to what? [pause; staggers back and cries]
- Father Spiletto: You love her very much. Then you must accept God's plan.
- Robert Thorn: Very sorry. Send me the bill. I'll take care of it.
- Keith Jennings: That's all right, Mr. Ambassador. Let's just say that you owe me one.
- Robert Thorn: Father Brennan. Robert Thorn. What can I do for you?
- Father Brennan: We haven't much time, Mr. Thorn.
- Robert Thorn: Time for what?
- Father Brennan: We must accept the Lord Jesus Christ as our Saviour. Accept him now. Ask for his forgiveness. Take Holy Communion, Mr. Thorn. Drink of his blood, eat of his flesh. For only when he is within you can you defeat the Devil's Son.
- Robert Thorn: I'm sorry, Father. I--
- Father Brennan: Accept responsibility, Mr. Thorn. You did it. You let them do it.
- Robert Thorn: I think there's been some mistake, Father. If you'll excuse me...
- Father Brennan: He's killed before. He'll kill again. He'll kill until everything that's yours is his.
- Robert Thorn: Forgive me, Father, but I really should get back to work. Sorry. [Walks away]
- Father Brennan: I was at the hospital, Mr. Thorn. [Robert stops.] The night your son was born. [Robert walks back] I... participated. I witnessed the birth. I beg of you, please, Mr. Thorn.
- Robert Thorn: What do you want?
- Father Brennan: I want to save you, Mr. Thorn. So Christ will save me and rescue me from Eternal Damnation.
- Robert Thorn: What do you know about my son?
- Father Brennan: Everything. I saw its mother.
- Robert Thorn: You saw my wife.
- Father Brennan: No. I saw its mother.
- Robert Thorn: You're referring to my wife.
- Father Brennan: Its mother, Mr. Thorn. Its mother.
- Robert Thorn: Okay, that's enough. [to security guard] Sergeant!
- Father Brennan: Its mother is a jackal!
- Security Guard: Everything all right, Mr. Ambassador?
- Robert Thorn: [beat] Yes, Travis. Please escort this man out of the building.
- Father Brennan: [the guard leads him to the door] We must accept the Lord Jesus each and every day, Mr. Thorn! Drink his blood! It is the only way, Mr. Thorn.
- Robert Thorn: You've got five minutes. Now tell me why I'm here.
- Father Brennan: "When the Jews return to Zion, When a comet rips the sky, When the Holy Roman Empire rises, Then you and I must die. From the Eternal Sea, He rises, creating armies on either shore, turning man against his brother, till man exists no more."
- Robert Thorn: You said my wife is in danger.
- Father Brennan: Go to the town of Megiddo, in the walled city of Dezrahel, there lives an old man named Bugenhagen. He alone can describe how the child must die.
- Robert Thorn: What child? What are you talking about?
- Father Brennan: Your son, Mr. Thorn. The Son of the Devil.
- Robert Thorn: I came here because you said my wife was in danger.
- Father Brennan: She's pregnant.
- Robert Thorn: That's impossible.
- Father Brennan: That's what they told you, Mr. Thorn. He'll not allow the child to be born. He'll kill it while it slumbers in the womb. He'll kill the unborn child, and then he'll kill your wife. And then, when he is certain to inherit all that you have, then, Mr. Thorn, then... he'll kill you.
- Robert Thorn: That's enough.
- Father Brennan: He has to die, Mr. Thorn. You must act now or all will be lost. Go to the town of Megiddo. See Bugenhagen before it's too late.
- Robert Thorn: Now you listen to me. I don't know who you are or what you want but you stay away from my family. Do you understand? I don't want to see or hear from you ever again. [Leaves]
- Father Brennan: You'll see me in hell, Mr. Thorn. We'll spend eternity together.
- [Jennings is showing Robert a picture from the party]
- Keith Jennings: You see anything unusual?
- Robert Thorn: [pause] No.
- Keith Jennings: Here, here. [points to a faint line behind the nanny's head that curves around her neck] There. I know. I didn't think much of anything of it either at first. Thought it was just a bad roll of film but then it happened again. [points to another picture of the nanny with the same line] You see? That's another roll. And the digital files. [brings up another picture of the nanny on a computer that has the same line] That's digital. That's another camera. [grabs another set of pictures] Our friend, Father Brennan. [shows a picture of Brennan with a blurry, pointed line aiming down at him] Here. And here's one of him I snapped ten days later.
- Robert Thorn: Same thing.
- Keith Jennings: Yeah. Only much more pronounced on this one. Actually making contact with the body. [picks up newspaper] The rest, as they say, is history. [pause] I know. I don't get it either. Which is why I started digging. [grabs folder] The coroner's report showed that Brennan was riddled with cancer. Said he was high on morphine most of the time, injected himself two or three times a day.
- Robert Thorn: He knew he was dying.
- Keith Jennings: Well, apparently.
- Robert Thorn: He said... he wanted to be forgiven by Christ.
- Keith Jennings: No atheists in foxholes, eh?
- Bugenhagen: That little priest Brennan... is he dead yet?
- Robert Thorn: Yes.
- Bugenhagen: We have work to do. Come.
- [Bugenhagen opens a cloth revealing seven daggers]
- Bugenhagen: It must done on Hallowed Ground, in the grounds of a church. The blood must be spilt on the Altar of God. [takes one] Each knife must be buried up to the hilt and then set so as to form the sign of a cross. [hands it to Robert] The first knife is the most important, for it extinguishes physical life and sets the centre of a cross. The subsequent knives extinguish spiritual life and radiate outwards.
- Robert Thorn: This is a child we're talking about. A small boy who I've raised as my own son.
- Bugenhagen: He's not your son! He's a beast! A beast! He's evil incarnate! Now don't you forget that!
- Robert Thorn: What if you're wrong? What if he isn't?
- Bugenhagen: I'm not wrong!
- Robert Thorn: How do I know that?
- Bugenhagen: Look. He... bears a birthmark. A sequence of sixes. So says the Bible, as do all the apostles of Satan.
- Robert Thorn: No. He doesn't have it.
- Bugenhagen: He must have it!
- Robert Thorn: I've bathed him. I've gone over every inch of his body. He doesn't have it.
- Bugenhagen: If the sign isn't visible, then it must be hidden, beneath the hair. Remove that, you'll find the number.
- Keith Jennings: What about the woman, the nanny?
- Bugenhagen: Oh, she's an apostate of Hell. She'll die before permitting this.
- Robert Thorn: [pause] No. No. [sets the knife down] It's insane. All of you- oh, my God! [runs out]
- Bugenhagen: Look, don't lose your nerve now, man! We'll all be in the cesspool if you do!
- [Jennings takes the daggers and runs out]
- Keith Jennings: Stop! Thorn, stop! We can't walk away from this. What the fuck did you think he was gonna say? Why else have we come here?
- Robert Thorn: He's a drunk. An insane, delusional drunk, and just like every other religious fanatic thinks that arcane scriptures justify killing!
- Keith Jennings: What about me?!
- Robert Thorn: What about you?
- Keith Jennings: What about the photographs?! What if I'm next?!
- Robert Thorn: [Stops, then walks over to Jennings] Listen to yourself. Do you have any idea what you're saying. Huh?
You're asking me to stab a child. [Takes the knives] A little boy. Can't you see how insane that is? It's not real, Keith. There is no devil, there is no God, there is only here, and now, and life. And that is something I'm not taking away from any man, certainly not my own son. [Throws the knives into an alley]
- Keith Jennings: Well, if you won't, I will.
- [Robert is holding Damien in a church]
- Robert Thorn: Our Father, who art in Heaven. Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, in earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread [cries]. And forgive us our trespasses, [Prepares the dagger] as we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation...
- Damien Thorn: Please, Daddy, don't.
- [Several police officers enter]
- Officer: Stop! [shoots]
- His day will come.
- On the 6th day, of the 6th month, of the 6th year, his day will come.
- The prophecy is clear. The signs are unmistakable.
- The Omen (original 1976 film)