The Next Karate Kid
The Next Karate Kid is a 1994 film about a troubled teenage girl, who after being harassed by local bullies, becomes a student of Mr. Kesuke Miyagi, who also happens to be an old comrade of her late grandfather. It is the fourth film in the Karate Kid series.
Popular Quotes From the FilmEdit
- Ambition without knowledge is like a boat on dry land.
- Never trust spiritual leader who cannot dance.
- Julie Pierce: The problem is my teeth! I just realized, they don't match my nose.
- Sgt Kesuke Miyagi: Teeth fine. Nose fine. Everything fit just fine.
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: The sun is warm, the grass is green.
- Julie Pierce: What?
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: If today Julie-san get angry, just you repeat those words.
- Julie Pierce: I wish I had courage like you.
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: I wish I had chocolate bar with almonds.
- Juile Pierce: That was great, Mr. Miyagi.
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Not great. Miyagi always look for way not to fight. Miyagi hate fighting, was most unfortunate.
- Julie Pierce: Unfortunate? Come on! Aren't you glad you kicked some guy's butt?
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Not want to kick anything. Was most unfortunate their butts attached to small brain.
- [Julie has finished a flying kick that was previously difficult]
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Congratulations, Julie-san.
- Julie Pierce: Congratulations? That's all you're gonna say is "congratulations"?, Don't I get a belt or something?
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Buy belt at mall.
- Julie Pierce: No!, I mean a karate belt. Brown belt!, black belt!.
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Why need belt?
- Julie Pierce: So everyone knows I'm good!
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: You know you good. That important thing.
- Julie Pierce: Oh come on, even Elvis Presley got a black belt!.
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Borrow from Elvis next time see him.
- Julie Pierce: What's going on?
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Nothing just monks having good time.
- Julie Pierce: I thought they were supposed to be spiritual leaders.
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Never trust spiritual leader who cannot dance.
- [last lines]
- Julie Pierce: Mr. Miyagi, come on admit it. We kicked some butt.
- Sgt. Kesuke Miyagi: Julie-san, fighting not good. But if must fight... win. [winks]
- [Dugan is upset that no one else is willing to fight Julie]
- Sergeant Kesuke Miyagi: Enough!
- Colonel Dugan: No. It's not. War ain't over because one battle is.
- Sergeant Kesuke Miyagi: Then we fight.
- Colonel Dugan: [surprised/obliges] Absolutely. [takes the cap off to reveal tough bald head] I'm gonna put your lights out. [Dugan grabs Miyagi's shirt and prepares to strike him but Miyagi easily rips Dugan's hands off. Dugan is shocked; the two then fight and after a moment it's over]
- Sergeant Kesuke Miyagi: [holding Dugan to the ground and preparing to strike him] Now time put your lights out. [Mr. Miyagi instead blows wind into Dugan's face. Dugan is very embarrassed. The students go up to him disappointed]
- Ned: You said, you had all the answers, Colonel. [pause] You were wrong.
- Who says the good guy has to be a guy?
- It's ancient wisdom against teenage spunk. 1,000 years of karate tradition is about to get a kick in the pants.