The Naked Brothers Band: The Movie
2005 film by Polly Draper
The Naked Brothers Band: The Movie is a 2005 American children's film written and directed by Polly Draper, which stars her sons, Nat Wolff and Alex Wolff, who portray members of a fictional rock group. It tells of the boys' struggles with their fame and an internal dispute that causes the band to split before reuniting in the end. The film was emboldened by Nat's real life band, The Silver Boulders, which he created in preschool with his friends who all portray themselves. It also includes the band's faux manager, Nat's fictional female interest, the siblings' real life cousin as the group's babysitter, and the siblings' genuine father playing their widowed accordion-playing dad.
- Alex: I love Jesse. She's kinda like my girlfriend.
- Nat: She is not like your girlfriend.
- Alex: In a way, Nat... in a way.
- Nat: In what way?
- David: In a way she doesn't know about.
- Alex: We need to get the band together this instant!
- Nat: Are you up for it, man?
- Alex: Yes. I'm fortified by milk.
- Alex: Alienate means see boobies?
- Nat: Alex, that's inappropriate.
- Alex: Inappropriate means see boobies?
- Nat: It's kinda hard for Alex to be the youngest. Cause sometimes, we'll say the A word, or the B word, or the C word, or the D word...
- David: Or the E word.
- Thomas: What's the E word?
- David: I don't know, what's the C word?
- Nat: Crapola.
- David: Crapola's a bad word? My mom says that all the time!
- Nat: Well, tell her not to. It's bad.