The Muppets (film)
2011 film by James Bobin
- Directed by James Bobin. Produced by David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman. Written by Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [Gary had shown up after the dance number]
- Gary: Sorry. I was super excited.
- Kermit the Frog: I just thought maybe we could raise the money to buy the theater back if we all got together and put on one last show.
- Fozzie Bear: A show? But I've spent years building a solo career! I have a whole new show-biz family that loves me--
- Miss Poogy: [opens the door] Fozzie! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING, HIBERNATIN'?! NEXT SHOW STARTS IN 30 SECONDS! We hired you, and WE CAN FIRE YOU, SO GET YOUR BUTT IN HERE NOW! [slams the door]
- Fozzie Bear: [to Kermit] They terrify me. Let's go.
- [Kermit had just convinced Animal to drum again]
- Animal: In control.
- Jack Black: Good. I'm Animal's court-appointed sponsor. We don't use the D-R-U-M word. It's his trigger word.
- Kermit the Frog: His "trigger word"?
- Gary: Excuse me, Mr. Black. I'm so sorry to interrupt, but it's very important that these guys get their drummer-- [Jack Black punches Gary]
- Walter: Gary!
- Jack Black: It's my trigger word, too.
- Moderator: Jack, we talked about this on Tuesday.
- Jack Black: Tuesday's another one of my TRIGGER WORDS! [punches a classmate]
- Moderator: I DON'T THINK SO! [punches Jack Black] Sorry.
- [Hosting a political news segment]
- Sam the Eagle: Welcome to this week's edition of "Everything Stinks"! [the other Muppets pull him offscreen with a hooked cane, Vaudeville style]
- [Tex and Uncle Deadly are atop the Muppet Theater with a pair of boltcutters about to shut off the power]
- Tex Richman: To the end of the Muppets! [Uncle Deadly grabs the boltcutters to stop Tex] Deadly! What are you doing?!
- Uncle Deadly: Enough! Just because I have a terrifying name, and an evil English accent, does not preclude the fact that in my heart, I am a Muppet, not a Moopet! Looks like it's I who will have the last laugh!
- Tex Richman: What does that mean?!
- Uncle Deadly: It's an idiom, you idiot! Because you cannot laugh! Ha ha! [Tex falls off the roof and lands on the ground with a thud] Oopsie! [he laughs maniacally]
- Tex Richman: Deadly...
- Uncle Deadly: Now that's a maniacal laugh for you!
- Tex Richman: [Angrily] You artists formerly known as the Muppets are standing on private property--My private property! And I'm telling you to leave, NOW! [The Muppets Gasp]
- Kermit: [Sadly] He's right, everybody. He won. We gotta go. [As The Muppets Slowly Walk Away, Tex Richman Sighs In Disbelief]
- Gary: Look, Walter, you're my brother, and I'm always gonna love you, but you belong here, with these guys. You're the one who brought everyone here together. You always believe in other people, but that’s easy. Sooner or later, you gotta believe in yourself, too, because that’s what growing up is. It’s becoming who you want to be. You have to try. Please, Walter. You’re my hero.
- [Deleted Scene -- As The Door Closes, Tex Richman Smiles And Laughs Evilly]
- Tex Richman: Tex Richman Is Back In Town, Folks! [The Crowd Boos And Yells At Him] OH, BOO YOURSELF! [The Crowd Stops Booing] You're Lucky I Got On The Act! [The Crowd Continues Booing And Throwing Food At Himself] Hey, I Had These Clothes Washed! [Someone Else Throws Food At Him] Hey! Stop It! [The Crowd Throws Food At Him At Once] STOP IT! [Screams And Runs Away]
- [Wayne and Wanda are caught making out]
- Jade Green Frackle: Ahem. [The couple stop kissing and turn to look at the small group of Muppets staring at them]
- Wayne: Oh! [He and Wanda start doing vocal warmups to cover up their act] La la la la la la la...
- Wanda: Mee mee mee mee mee...
- Jason Segel as Gary
- Amy Adams as Mary
- Chris Cooper as Tex Richman
- Rashida Jones as Veronica Martin (credited as C.D.A. Executive)
- Steve Whitmire as Kermit the Frog, Beaker, Statler, Rizzo the Rat, Link Hogthrob, The Muppet Newsman, Lips
- Eric Jacobson as Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, Sam the Eagle, Marvin Suggs
- Dave Goelz as Gonzo, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Zoot, Beauregard, Waldorf, Kermit Moopet
- Bill Barretta as The Swedish Chef, Rowlf the Dog, Dr. Teeth, Pepe the King Prawn, Bobo the Bear, Beautiful Day Monster, Mahna Mahna, Behemoth, Fozzie Moopet, Muppet Gary, Whatnot Hobo
- David Rudman as Scooter, Janice, Miss Poogy, Wayne, Nigel the Conductor, Bobby Benson
- Matt Vogel as Floyd Pepper, Camilla the Chicken, Sweetums, '80s Robot, Lew Zeland, Uncle Deadly, Crazy Harry, Rowlf Moopet
- Peter Linz as Walter