The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack (2008–10) was an animated series created by Mark "Thurop" Van Orman, that premiered on Cartoon Network on June 5th, 2008. The show is about a young boy named Flapjack who goes on adventures with his best friend, K'nuckles, hoping to find the legendary Candied Island.
The Sweet Life [1.2-2]Edit
- Captain K'nuckles: we're grabbin' all the loot we can, buddy! This entire house is made of candy!
- Lord Nickelbottoms: I know. I BUILT IT! Who are you?!
- Flapjack: I'm master Flapjack, your Lordship.
- Nickelbottoms: Well, good day to you, young master... and your name?
- K'nuckles: I'm Captain K'nuckles. [brief pause]
- Nickelbottoms: How dare you insult me in my own home!
- K'nuckles: [to Flapjack] What did I do?
- Flapjack: You forgot to say "your Lordship"...
- Flapjack: Candy bowl! [K'nuckles tosses a bowl filled with candy into Flapjack's arms; at this point Flapjack is holding a large pile of things from the candy mannsion] Candy painting! [K'nuckles tosses picture into the pile] Candy Charles! [K'nuckles throws the mansions' butler into the pile] Candy front door!
- Captain K'nuckles: Ooh, yeah! Biggest chunk of chocolate I've ever seen! [rips door off its hinges]
- Lady Nickelbottoms: [dirt, mud and grime splats onto her face] More Powder, Charles. [Charles puts white powder onto Lady Nickelbottoms' face to coat the mud and dirt - more dirt flies onto her face] Powder, Charles. [Charles powders more - more dirt splats] Powder. [Charles powders again] Powder. [Charles powders again]
- Charles: My Lady.
Several Leagues Above the Sea!Edit
That's a Wrap!Edit
How the West Was Fun [1.7-1]Edit
- Creepy Guy: [makes a "W" with his fingers] Wesssssssst.
- Captain K'nuckles: Uhh, that guy looked pretty smat. Maybe we should turn back.
- Flapjack: [melodramatic voice] If danger was a beautiful woman... I would marry her.
- Bubbie: Okay, we'll go little further...
- Flapjack: Yay!
- Bubbie:...But only because you're so sweet.
- Oriental Man on Turtle: French fry? Would you like a French Fry?
- Bubbie: Uh, n-no, thank you...
- Flapjack: [singing] Ohh Candied Island makes me smilin' dancing chews bubble gum doo doo! I'll brush my teeth on the jelly bean reef grab a pepper mint leaf drink the liquorish goo!
- Flapjack: [Flapjack waving his arms in a hugging motion]
- Captain K'nuckles What are you doing, boy?
- Flapjack: Exercising my hugging muscles! So when we get to Candied Island, I'm gonna give it a big hug!
- Bubbie: Flapjack I'm sorry but we're running low on food, water, and overall enthusiasm.
- Captain K'nuckles: She's right this is my last pair.
- Choir: (focuses on Captain K'nuckle's overalls that read enthusiasm) Overall enthusiasm, overall enthusiasm, overall enthusiasm, Yee-haw!
- Captian K'nuckles: It's the edge of the world!
- Flapjack & Captian K'nuckles: (scream in terror)
- Bubbie: K'nuckles! Have you been letting my baby drink sea water?!
- Captain K'nuckles: Uhhh...you mean we're not supposed to...
[Flapjack makes vomiting sounds off-screen]
- Flapjack: [looking very sick and pale] Bubbie...I don't feel so good...
- Bubbie: Well, then, maybe next time you'll think twice before going off like that on your own.
[Flapjack and K'nuckles continue to vomit while Bubbie shakes her head]
K'nuckles is a Filthy Rat [1.7-2]Edit
- Bubbie: Oh, no, don't tell me that rat of yours has been giving everybody the plague?
- Flapjack: What's the plague?
- [Captain K'nuckles smacks his forehead]
- Dr. Barber: Now, run along, young Flapjack. Your sailor's mouth is bad for business. [to someone walking by off-screen] I say, you look like you could use some surgery.
- Flapjack: [glum voice] I just wanted to make a friend, is all...
- Flapjack: Gee, I sure miss Captain K'nuckles when he goes away on business.
- K'nuckles: [on an island talking with two seagulls sitting on a rock] So, I says to the guy, "oh, yeah?!" [laughs] So, anyway, Mom and Dad, I still haven't found that magical genie who turned you two into birds, but don't worry, I'm workin' on it. [takes out maple syrup] I'm workin' on it. [drinks the syrup]
- Flapjack: [back to Flapjack - he gasps] Oh, no! Bubbie!
- Bubbie: What is it, baby?
- Flapjack: Dead rat off the starboard bow. Poor little fella... [gasp] he's alive! [picks him out of water] Poor little gentleman rat. Probably fell off a ship and now, he's all alone... [rat coughs] Bubbie? [whisper] Is it ok if I nurse him back to health?
- Bubbie: Uhh... uhh...
- Flapjack: Thanks, Bubbie!
- Bubbie: Uh...
- Flapjack: [walking up to a gang of pirates] Hey! I got something to say to you! [points to a bald pirate] Your mother's so ugly... she... she has a green bottle for a face! [points to other pirates] And your sister is even uglier than that!
- Bald Pirate: He's right! She does have a bottle for a face!
- Flapjack: Wha'?!
- Bearded Pirate: [accepting voice] You're ok!
- Peppermint Larry: Ahh, it's finally done! [referring to his replica of Candied Island made out of candy]
- Flapjack: [high-pitched, mischievous voice] How long did it take you to build that, Peppermint Larry?
- Peppermint Larry: [accomplished voice] Seven years!
- [Flapjack bluntly smashes the replica to pieces onto the floor, everyone gasps]
- Robber: Everybody, freeze! This is a hold up!-- [he slips and slides onto the smashed candy replica and coincidentally falls right into a jail boat idling just outside the Candy Barrel shop]
- Peppermint Larry: [hugs Flapjack] For the next five minutes candy is free!
- [everyone in the Candy Barrel cheers for Flapjack]
- [an old man with a cane walks by]
- Flapjack: Now, this can't go wrong! [aims a cannon at the old man and fires a cannonball at him]
- Old Man: [gets up] You fixed mah back! I'm a new man! [runs away in joy]
- [Flapjack knocks on the door outside of Slippery Pete's then hides on the side - Slippery Pete answers it]
- Slippery Pete: Hello?
- [Flapjack shoves Slippery Pete from behind, Pete just sliding along the dock for a while]
- Slippery Pete: I guess that's why they call me Slippery Pete. [slams into the bow of a ship and lands in the water] [angry voice] Whoever did this to me is gonna be my... [two mermaids emerge from the water and hug Slippery Pete] [over-joyous voice] NEW BEST FRAND! [gives a thumbs up]
- Captain K'nuckles: Make any enemies yet?
- Flapjack: No... everyone wants to be my friend...
- Captain K'nuckles: Don't worry, I didn't make all my enemies all at once. It took me at least a couple of days.
- Ugly Shipmate #1: Hey, he was cleanin' ships, now, he's cleanin' boots! We got a bone to pick with you!
- Flapjack: Oh, no! Did I miss a spot?!
- Ugly Shipmate #1: Did he miss a spot, haha! Miss... ha, so cute, THAT'S THE PROBLEM! You didn't miss any spots!
- Ugly Shipmate #2: We can't even look at our ship without seeing our own reflections!
- Ugly Shipmate #3: And we don't like what we see!
- Ugly Shipmate #4: How am I supposed to work... [points to self] lookin' at THIS?
- Ugly Shipmate #5: You even made Dashing Danny cry!
- Dashing Danny: [turns around revealing a baby morphing out of his back] [sobbing] I'm... hideous...
- Flapjack: I'm sorry, friends...
- Ugly Shipmate #1: Friends?! We're not friends! We're... enemies! [echo] Enemies! Enemies! Enemies!
- [Flapjack smiles ecstatically at the fact he now has enemies]
Oh Brother [1.12-1]Edit
- Flapjack: [in song] Do you see, do you see, do you see seaweed - making babies for me and my family? Do you see seaweed seas breeding in the sea - making sweet little brothers for me?
- Flapjack: Hey, K'nuckles! Wanna play a game? Whoever giggles first, loses! [giggles] You win! Wanna play a bathroom game? Whoever goes to the bathroom first, loses! [pause] You win! Now, how about both? [giggles] You win! [giggles again] You win! [giggles] You win!
- Captain K'nuckles: Raah, you need to grow up, Flapjack!
- Flapjack: But Captain K'nuckles, you taught me those games.
- Flapjack: [to the duck in his arms] You're a full time job!
- "Little Kid": Hey, wanna pway a baffroom game? [laughs] You win! [laughs again] You win! [laughs] You win! [laughs, then laughs again right after]
- Flapjack: You need to grow up!
- "Little Kid": [deep, raspy voice] Gwow up? I'm thawty-eight yees old! [close-up of the guys' old, decrepit face - he then smiles with many of his teeth missing, a freakish sound of thunder is heard in the background]
- Flapjack: [stares in terror, then quickly whistles nervously and walks away]
- [ending - the "Little Kid"'s laughter is heard in the background while the screen is black. He then appears with his old, decrepit face again - he smiles as thunder again is heard in the background]
- Pancake Puppet: I wish I could give this day a hug! [runs into the puppet theater wall and falls over] Cannonballs!
- [audience laughs, even Captain K'nuckles]
- Captain K'nuckles: [to Flapjack] Just like you!
- Pancake Puppet: Adventure! [dances] [melodically] Hm-hm-hmm-hmm-hmmm!
- Pancake Puppet: Isn't that right, Captain K'neecaps?
- Captain K'nuckles: (stops laughing) Hey!
- Captain K'nuckles Puppet: Yar! How're we supposed to get home?!
- Pancake Puppet: In our big, fat talkin' boat! See?
- Bubbie Puppet: Did someone say, "boat"? Toot, toot!
- Bubbie: He said what?
- Captain K'nuckles: You should have seen how big they made my nose!
- Flapjack: Don't worry, Bubbie. I'll find a way out of this mess. Even if it means never going to sleepys.
[The Next Day]
- Flapjack: THAT'S IT! I just need to stop having adventures. Then Larry will have nothing to copy. And everyone will stop liking Pancake. I just have to stop having adventures!
- Bubbie: But, muffin, you love adventures.
- Flapjack: Used to. I used to love adventures.
- Captain K'nuckles: You mean to tell me that if I go on an adventure, you're not gonna follow me?
- Flapjack: Nope.
- Captain K'nuckles: ...I-I'm sure you'll follow me. [chuckles a bit] I'm too hard to resist! [pause; K'nuckles then starts walking away, occasionally looking behind him to see if Flapjack follows]
- Flapjack: I'm sure gonna miss him.
Diamonds In The StuffEdit
- Captain K'nuckles: You're angry 'cause you're poor, right?
- Flapjack: I'm ANGRY because that rich kid made fun of us!
- Police Man: This is rock-salt.
- Captain K'nuckles: Maybe if you squeeze it real hard, it'll turn into a diamond.
Jar She BlowsEdit
- Knuckles: I know strip down to your unders and grease up.
- [With that, knuckles reaches into his coat, pulls out a tin of fishy grease, and tosses it to Flapjack]
- [Flapjack catches the tin. But he seems a little nervous.]
- Flapjack: But-But...Captain. [he stands up and gets near Knuckles's ear] Everyone will see my... [whispers] ...purple undies.