The Invasion (film)
2007 film by Oliver Hirschbiegel, James McTeigue
- When you wake up, you'll feel exactly the same.
- Don't fight, Carol. There's no need for it. All you have to do is nothing. That's all we're asking. It doesn't hurt. Watch. It's just like catching a cold.
- [last lines]
- [repeated line; in voice-over] In the right situation, we are all capable of the most terrible crimes. To imagine a world where this was not so, where every crisis did not result in new atrocities, where every newspaper is not full of war and violence. Well, this is to imagine a world where human beings cease to be human.
- Yorish': I say that civilization is an illusion, a game of pretend. What is real is the fact that we are still animals, driven by primal instincts. As a psychiatrist, you must know this to be true.
- Carol: To be honest, ambassador, when someone starts talking to me about the truth, what I hear is what they're telling me about themselves more than what they're saying about the world.
- Dr. Henryk Belice: Quite right, well done, doctor.
- Yorish: Perhaps this is true, perhaps being a Russian in this country is a kind of pathology. So what do you think, can you help me? Can you give me a pill? To make me see the world the way you Americans see the world. Can a pill help me understand Iraq, or Dafur, or even New Orleans?
- Dr. Henryk Belicec: Don't be drawn in by his madness, doctor. He is Russian, he needs to argue like he needs to breathe.
- Yorish: All I am saying is that civilization crumbles whenever we need it most. In the right situation, we are all capable of the most terrible crimes. To imagine a world where this was not so, where every crisis did not result in new atrocities, where every newspaper is not full of war and violence. Well, this is to imagine a world where human beings cease to be human.
- Carol: While I'll give you that we still retain some basic animal instincts, you have to admit we're not the same animal we were a few thousand years ago.
- Yorish: True.
- Carol: Read Piaget, Kohlberg or Maslow, Graves, Wilber, and you'll see that we're still evolving. Our consciousness is changing. Five hundred years ago, postmodern feminists didn't exist yet one sits right beside you today. And while that fact may not undo all of the terrible things that have been done in this world, at least it gives me reason to believe that one day, things may be different.
- Yorish: Thank you, doctor.
- Carol: You're welcome, ambassador.
- Dr. Henryk Belicec: Excellent.
- Carol: Something's happening. I don't know what it is, but I can feel it. Have you noticed anything?
- Ben: I have.
- Ben: Our world is a better world.
- Dr. Galeano: Integration of alien DNA could look like anything.
- Carol: Or nothing at all.
- Carol: I'm so afraid I'm gonna fall asleep, I'm gonna lose him, I'm gonna lose you. I'm gonna lose everything that matters.
- Ben: No. You can easily go for a week without sleep then we'll find a pharmacy, do whatever it takes to make sure you stay awake. I just want you to know, there is nothing I wouldn't do for you. Nothing.
- Do not trust anyone. Do not show emotion. Do not fall asleep.
- Don't Sleep. Don't Go Home. I'll Find You. - Mom
- Nicole Kidman - Dr. Carol Bennell
- Daniel Craig - Dr. Ben Driscoll
- Jeremy Northam - Tucker Kaufman
- Jackson Bond - Oliver
- Jeffrey Wright - Dr. Stephen Galeano
- Veronica Cartwright - Wendy Lenk
- Josef Sommer - Dr. Henryk Belicec
- Celia Weston - Ludmilla Belicec
- Roger Rees - Yorish Kagonavich
- Eric Benjamin - Gene
- Susan Floyd - Pam
- Stephanie Berry - Carly
- Alexis Raben - Jill
- Adam LeFevre - Richard Lenk
- Joanna Merlin - Joan Kaufman
- Malin Åkerman - Autumn (uncredited)
- Jeff Wincott - Transit Cop