The Incredibles is a 2004 Academy Award-winning computer animated feature film produced by Pixar Animation Studios for Walt Disney Pictures, centering around a family of superheroes. It was written and directed by Brad Bird, previously best known for directing the 1999 animated film The Iron Giant. The Incredibles was originally developed as a traditionally-animated movie for Warner Bros., but after Warner shut down its feature animation division, Brad Bird moved to Pixar and took the story with him.
Bob Parr/Mr. Incredible
- Every superhero has a secret identity. I don't know a single one who doesn't. I mean, who wants the pressure of being super all the time?
- No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know?! For a little bit. I feel like the maid: "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for, for 10 minutes?! Please?!"
Helen Parr / Elastigirl
- Of course I have a secret identity. [about her super-suit] Can you see me in this at the supermarket? Come on! Who'd wanna go shopping as Elastigirl? You know what I mean?
- Now, I'll tell you what we're not gonna do. We're not gonna panic, we're not gonna die.
- Super-ladies, they're always trying to tell you their secret identity. [whispers] Think it'll strengthen the relationship or something like that. I say, "Girl, I don't wanna know about your mild-mannered alter ego or anything like that." I mean, you tell me you're, uh, super-mega-ultra-lightnin' babe? That's all right with me. I'm good. I'm good.
- I don't see anyone from the old days, Bob. Just you. And we're pushing our luck as it is.
- Where is my Super Suit?
- [After a huge explosion destroys the Parrs' house] Does this mean we have to move again?
- I feel different. Is different okay?
Syndrome (Buddy Pine / IncrediBoy)
- I knew you couldn't do it, even when you've got nothing to lose. You're weak. And I've outgrown you.
- [has just caught the entire Parr family] What have we here? Matching uniforms? [sees Helen] Oh, no. Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl?! [laughs, then looks at Violet and Dash] And got busy! It's a whole family of Supers! Looks like I've hit the jackpot! [laughs] This is just too good!
- [about Syndrome] He's attracted to power. So am I. It's a weakness we share.
- I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.
- Rusty: That was totally wicked!!
- Kari: Because leading experts say, Mozart makes babies smarter. I wish my parents played Mozart when I was asleep because half the time I don't even know what the heck anyone's talking about!
- The Underminer: [last line] Behold: The Underminer! I am always beneath you, but nothing is beneath me! I hereby declare war against peace and happiness! Soon, all will tremble before me!
- [Mr. Incredible is about to go to the scene of a tour bus robbery when Buddy enters the car]
- Buddy: Cool! Ready for take-off!
- Bob: What the-- who are you?
- Buddy: Well, I'm IncrediBoy!
- Bob: What? No. You're that kid from the fan club. Brophy-Br-Brody-Bu-Buddy! Buddy.
- Buddy: My name is IncrediBoy.
- Bob: Look, I've been nice, I've stood for photos, signed every scrap of paper you pushed at me, but this? This isn't funny.
- Buddy: You don't have to worry about training me. I know all your moves, your crime-fighting style, favorite catch phrases, And everything! I am your number #1 fan!
- [Bob ejects him from his car and drives away]
- Bob: I work alone.
- Helen: And I think you need to be more... [goes through rapid series of stretch-power maneuvers] flexible.
- Bob: Uh, are you doing anything later?
- Helen: I have a previous engagement.
- [Bob confronts a French, mime-like, clown-like super villain named Bomb Voyage]
- Bob: Bomb Voyage.
- Voyage: Monsieur Incroyable...! [Mr. Incredible...!]
- Buddy: [offscreen] And IncrediBoy!
- [he breaks through the window.]
- Voyage: IncrediBoy?
- Buddy: [flies up to Bob using rocket boots] Hey! Hey! Aren't you curious on how I get around so fast? [shows Bob his rocket boots] See? I have these rocket boots. And they--
- Bob: Go home, Buddy.
- Buddy: What?
- Bob: Now.
- Voyage: Petit naïf libe...! [Little oaf...!]
- [Buddy looks at Voyage]
- Buddy: Can we talk? [pulls Bob off to the side] You always, say, "Be true to yourself.", but you never say which part of yourself to be true to! Well I've finally figured out who I am! [walks up to Mr. Incredible] I am your ward: IncrediBoy!
- Bob: And now, you have officially gone too far, Buddy. [grabs Voyage before he can escape]
- Buddy: This is because I don't have powers, isn't it? Well, not every superhero has powers, y'know! You can be super without them! I invented these. [points to his rocket boots] I can fly! Can you fly?
- Bob: Fly home, Buddy. I work alone.
- Voyage: Et ton costume est complètement ridicule! [And your outfit is totally ridiculous!]
- Buddy: Could you just gimme one chance? Look, I'll show you! I'll go get the police!
- [Voyage has attached a bomb to Buddy's cape; Bob notices]
- Bob: Buddy, don't!
- Buddy: It'll only take a second! Really!
- Bob: No! Stop! [releases Voyage] There's a bomb! [grabs onto Buddy's cape]
- Bob: [hands Buddy to the police] Take this one home. And make sure his mom knows what he's been doing.
- Buddy: I can help you! You're making a mistake! [arrested and shoved into the police car] Hey!
- Bob: [to the cops] The injured jumper. You sent paramedics?
- Cop: Already picked him up.
- Bob: The blast in that building was caused by Bomb Voyage, who I caught in the act of robbing the vault. Now we might be able to nab him if we set up a perimeter.
- Cop: You mean he got away?
- Bob: Well, yeah. [gestures to Buddy in the car] Skippy here made sure of that.
- Buddy: IncrediBoy!
- Bob: You're not affiliated with me!
- [as the cops burst into the jewelry store where Bob and Lucius are, Lucius reaches for a water cooler to replenish his freezing powers]
- Cop: Freeze!
- Lucius: I'm thirsty.
- (Lucius reaches for a cup of water)
- Cop: I said "freeze"!
- Lucius: I'm just getting a drink. [takes the cup and drinks]
- Cop: Okay, you had your drink. Now, I want you to...
- Lucius: I know, I know. Freeze. [freezes the cop]
- Bob: But that's okay, because what's important is that Mommy and I are always a team. We're always united, against, uh, uh, the forces of, uh--
- Helen: Pig-headed-ness?
- Bob: Uh, I was gonna say, "Evil.".
- Helen: Don't even think you avoided talking about your trip to the principal's office, young man. Your father and I are still going to discuss it.
- Dash: I'm not the only kid who's been sent to the office, you know.
- Helen: Other kids don't have superpowers. Now, it's perfectly normal —
- Violet: Normal? What do you know about "normal"? What does anyone in this family know about "normal"?!
- Helen: Now, look, honey!
- Violet: We act normal, Mom. I wanna be normal! The only one normal is Jack-Jack, and he's not even toilet-trained!
- Jack-Jack: [giggles]
- Dash: Lucky. [Helen gives him an angry look] I mean, about being normal.
- [Edna shows Helen the other suits she has created for the Parrs]
- Edna: I started with the baby.
- Helen: Started?
- Edna: Shh! Darling! Shh! I cut it a little roomy for the free movement. The fabric is comfortable for sensitive skin [flamethrowers throw fire at the suit without leaving burn marks], and it can also withstand a temperature of over 1,000 degrees! Completely bulletproof. [machine guns train on the suit and empty rounds into it without causing any damage] And machine-washable, darling. That's a new feature.
- Helen: What on earth do you think the baby will be doing?!
- Edna: Well, I'm sure I don't know, darling. Luck favors the prepared. I didn't know the baby's powers, so I covered the basics.
- Helen: Jack-Jack doesn't have any powers.
- Edna: No? He'll look fabulous anyway. [moves on to Dash's suit] Your boy's suit I designed to withstand enormous friction without heating up or wearing out. A useful feature. [moves on to Violet's] Your daughter's suit was tricky, but I finally created a sturdy material that will disappear completely as she does. [moves on to Helen's new suit] Your suit can stretch as far as you can, without injuring yourself [the suit gets stretched], and still retain its shape. Virtually indestructible. [two missiles fire at the suit, but the suit sustains no damage] Yet it breathes like Egyptian cotton. As an extra feature, each suit contains a homing device, giving you the precise global location of the wearer at the touch of a button. [hands Helen one showing the tracking location of one of the suits] Well, darling? What do you think?
- Helen: What do I think?! Bob is retired! I'm retired, our family is underground! You helped my husband resume secret hero-work behind my back?!
- Edna: Well, I assumed you knew, darling! Why would he keep secrets from you?
- Helen: He wouldn't. Didn't-- D-Doesn't.
- Edna: [sighs] Men at Robert's age are often unstable. Prone to weakness.
- Helen: There's plenty of leftovers you can reheat, make sure Dash does his homework, and both of you get to bed on time. I should be back tonight, late. You can be in charge that long, can't you?
- Violet: Yeah, but why am I in charge, again?
- Helen: Nothing. Just a little trouble with Daddy.
- Violet: You mean Dad's in trouble, or Dad is the trouble?
- Helen: I mean he's either in trouble, or he's going to be.
- Violet: [about to a supersuit that Dash grabbed from Helen] What makes you think it's special?
- Dash: I don't know, but why'd Mom try to hide it?
- Dash: Are we there yet?
- Bob: We'll get there when we get there!
- Helen: Great. Now our kids are in danger?! I was afraid this would happen.
- Bob: Well, if you suspected danger, why'd you bring them?
- Helen: I didn't bring them! They stowed away! And I don't think you're striking the proper tone here!
- Save the day.
- Craig T. Nelson - Robert "Bob" Parr/Mr. Incredible (voice)
- Holly Hunter - Helen Parr/Elastigirl (voice)
- Jason Lee - Buddy Pine/Syndrome (voice)
- Spencer Fox - Dashiell "Dash" Parr (voice)
- Sarah Vowell - Violet Parr (voice)
- Eli Fucile and Maeve Andrews - Jack-Jack Parr (voice)
- Samuel L. Jackson - Lucius Best/Frozone (voice)
- Elizabeth Peña - Mirage (voice)
- Brad Bird - Edna Mode/E-Mode (voice)
- Wallace Shawn - Gilbert Huph (voice)
- John Ratzenberger - The Underminer (voice)
- Bret Parker - Kari (the babysitter; voice)
- Bud Luckey - Rick Dicker (voice)
- Kimberly Clark - Honey (voice)
- Lou Romano - Bernie Kropp (voice)
- Wayne Canney - Principal of Dash's school (voice)