The Gorilla (1939 film)
1939 film by Allan Dwan
- Directed by Allan Dwan. Written by Ralph Spence, Rian James, and Sid Silvers, based on Spence's play.
A Ritz is afraid of nothing ... but ... THIS ... IS ... SOMETHING! (taglines)
- We'll all be murdered in our beds!
- The Gorilla? HIM? Oh, I'll never trust another man if I live to be a thousand!
- Mulligan : First time I saw a mouse trap catch a piece of cheese!
- Harrigan: Mark that down, Garrity.
- Peters: Did I hear somebody scream?
- Kitty: Well, if you didn't, you oughta have your ears cleaned out!
- Jack Marsden: Why is it something always happens when YOU'RE not here?
- Peters: Unfortunate coincidence, sir.
- Kitty: Why couldn't all of this have happened tomorrow?
- Norma Denby: What difference would that make?
- Kitty: Tomorrow's my day off!
- Harrigan: What's this?
- Kitty: That's a door.
- Poe's keeper: Don't you know Poe hates women?
- Kitty: So does Kipling.
- Jack Marsden: Peters, what's all that commotion?
- Peters: It sounds like our friends the detectives.
- A Ritz is afraid of nothing ... but ... THIS ... IS ... SOMETHING!
- Mystery goes merry, with the Ritzes
- Thrills + Laughs = Entertainment