The Giant Gila Monster
1959 film by Ray Kellogg
- Directed by Ray Kellogg. Written by Jay Simms.
Only Hell could breed such an enormous beast. Only God could destroy it!
- Mr. Wheeler: I guess with Compton gone, that puts Chase out of a job.
- Sheriff Jeff: That's right.
- Mr. Wheeler: Make it a point to send him around to see me in the morning.
- Sheriff Jeff: I'll *bring* him around in the morning!
- Mr. Wheeler: Let me ask you something else. Have you heard the reports about a "giant lizard"?
- Sheriff Jeff: (Nods yes)
- Mr. Wheeler: Do you believe 'em?
- Sheriff Jeff: (Nods no) I don't know Mr. Wheeler. It doesn't seem possible
- Mr. Wheeler: Well, why not? There've been giants before!
- Sheriff Jeff: That's true. But how could anything that big go unnoticed in this area?
- Chase Winstead: Where's Pat and Liz?
- Bob: Maybe their car broke down?
- Chase Winstead: Hey! I worked on that car myself!
- Bob: That wouldn't make any difference if he goofed the speed shift or something!
- Chase Winstead: And that squirrel is just the one that could do it!
- Sheriff Jeff: *What* did you hit him with?
- Chase Winstead: My brand new, 100% completed hot rod.
- Sheriff Jeff: You'd have had to start in the next county to get up enough momentum to do that to him.
- Chase Winstead: Not with 4 quarts of nitro glycerin riding with me.
- Mr. Wheeler: You drove across that rough field carrying nitro?
- Chase Winstead: Yes sir!
- Sheriff Jeff: Do you realize what could have happened?
- Chase Winstead: It did. I lost my car!
- Sheriff Jeff: Don't worry about that, the railroad will be *glad* to buy you a new one.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|