The Giant Claw
The Giant Claw is a 1957 film in which global panic ensues when it is revealed that a mysterious UFO is actually a giant bird that flies at supersonic speed and has no regard for life or architecture. It is considered one of the worst films ever made.
- Directed by Fred F. Sears. Written by Paul Gangelin and Samuel Newman.
- [to Sally] You keep your shirt on and I'll go get my pants on.
- Now, I don't don't care if that bird came from outer space or Upper Saddle River, New Jersey; it's still made of flesh and blood - of some sort - and vulnerable to bullets and bombs.
- By the time I get through with you, Mr. Electronics Engineer, you'll be lucky if they let you test batteries for flashlights.
- Gen. Van Buskirk: Three men reported they saw something. Two of them are now dead.
- Mitch MacAfee: That makes me Chief Cook and Bottle Washer in a one-man Bird Watcher's Society!
- Sally Caldwell: Well, flying Battleships, pink elephants, same difference.
- Mitch MacAfee: I said it looked like a Battleship, not that it was a Battleship.
- Sally Caldwell: Will it work, Mitch?
- Mitch MacAfee: I don't know. I honestly haven't the faintest, foggiest idea. It's one of those cockeyed concepts that you pull down out of Cloud Eight somewhere in sheer desperation.