The Edge of Seventeen
2016 film by Kelly Fremon Craig
- Directed and written by Kelly Fremon Craig.
You're only young once... is it over yet?
- There are two types of people in the world: The people who naturally excel at life. And the people who hope all those people die in a big explosion.
- Nick, I like you. I want you to put your mouth on my tits. We can do it in the Petland stockroom.
- Don't be awkward. Socialize.
- [in the bathroom] Please. Please, god, help me. Why do I even bother? Why do I even... You've never given me one thing. Any time I ask you for anything, you're like, "oh, you need help with something? Let me help you. I'm just playing. I'm gonna butt-fuck you some more. [she reaches for toilet paper, but there is none left.]
- Wow. I actually was writing my own suicide note just now. I have 32 fleeting minutes of happiness during lunch, which has been eaten up again and again by the same especially badly dressed student, and I finally thought I would rather have the dark nothingness.
- Life's about taking risks. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there.
- Darian: Life isn't fair sometimes, Nadine, okay? You gotta get over it!
- Nadine: Hey.
- Mr. Bruner: Busy.
- Nadine: I don't wanna take up a ton of your time, but I'm gonna kill myself. I just thought an adult should know.
- Nadine: My brother? Seriously?
- Krista: I can't help how I feel.
- Mr. Bruner: This isn't so bad. "I just want to be with you. I want you to put your mouth on my tits. I want to feel you inside me. We can do it in the Petland stockroom."
- Nadine: Oh my God. Say something! Please help me!
- Mr. Bruner: You need to watch out for run-on sentences.
- Mr. Bruner: Are you having a problem today, Nadine?
- Nadine: Several. I don't really have any friends at the moment.