The Edge of Seventeen
2016 film by Kelly Fremon Craig
- Directed and written by Kelly Fremon Craig.
You're only young once... is it over yet?
- There are two types of people in the world: The people who naturally excel at life. And the people who hope all those people die in a big explosion.
- I just had a horrible thought... I’m going to have to spend the rest of my life with myself.
- Nick, I like you. I want you to put your mouth on my tits. We can do it in the Petland stockroom.
- Don't be awkward. Socialize.
- [in the bathroom] Please. Please, god, help me. Why do I even bother? Why do I even... You've never given me one thing. Any time I ask you for anything, you're like, "oh, you need help with something? Let me help you. I'm just playing. I'm gonna butt-fuck you some more. [she reaches for toilet paper, but there is none left.]
- Wow. I actually was writing my own suicide note just now. “I have 32 fleeting minutes of happiness during lunch, which has been eaten up again and again by the same especially badly dressed student, and I finally thought I would rather have the dark nothingness. It sounds so relaxing. Have a nice life without me, fuckers.”
- Life's about taking risks. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there.
- Darian: Life isn't fair sometimes, Nadine, okay? You gotta get over it!
- Nadine: Hey.
- Mr. Bruner: Busy.
- Nadine: I don't wanna take up a ton of your time, but I'm gonna kill myself. I just thought an adult should know.
- Nadine: My brother? Seriously?
- Krista: I can't help how I feel.
- Mr. Bruner: [reading Nadine’s message] "You’re complicated and simple. I feel this connection between us. I feel like I already know you.” This is kinda sweet. I think you’re over-reacting. “I’ll [pause, awkward] give you head. I want you to put your mouth on my tits. I want to feel you inside me. We can do it in the Petland stockroom."
- Nadine: Oh my God. Say something! Please help me!
- Mr. Bruner: You need to watch out for run-on sentences.
- Mr. Bruner: Are you having a problem today, Nadine?
- Nadine: Several. I don't really have any friends at the moment.
- Nadine: What the... why is there a baby in your house?
- Bruner: Oh shit, how’d that thing get in here?