2005 film by Neil Marshall
- Written and directed by Neil Marshall.
Scream your last breath.
- Look, cave systems sometimes break ground. It's a small chance. But if we stay here, we'll die. Let's go.
- I'm an English teacher, not fucking Tomb Raider.
- You can move. Sarah, look at me, look at me. The worst thing that could have happened to you has already happened and you're still here. This is just a poxy cave and there's nothing left to be afraid of, I promise.
- Well...they're totally blind. And judging from what we've seen, I'd say they use sound to hunt with. Like a bat. And they've evolved perfectly to live down here in the dark. Whatever they are, they go to the surface to hunt. And they bring their food back down here to eat, through an entrance.
- You think it's dark when you turn out the lights, well down there it's pitch black.
- If you're a caver, jumper, climber...you just do it and not give a shite. Or the thing that's bigger than you will get you.
- The queen is dead. Long live... the fucking... falling over queen!
- This one time in Galway, when I free-climbed the cathedral, a priest chased me down the whole of the ground floor. That was brilliant.
- Beth O'Brien: Listen, we don't have to do this, you know. We can head back and stay in town. Get wasted, [American accent] go to a barn dance.
- Sarah Carter: Now that is frightening.
- Sam Vernet: I hear it all starts falling apart past 25?
- Beth O'Brien: Is that what they teach you at medical school, yeah? To take the piss? You cheeky bitch!
- Rebecca Vernet: I'm only looking after you.
- Sam Vernet: And I appreciate it, in small doses.
- Beth O'Brien: What the fuck do you think you're doing? We all trusted you. You told me this was going to be good for Sarah. Have you any idea what she's been through? No, cos you couldn't get away fast enough, you selfish cow!
- Juno Kaplan: You know what, Beth? We all lost something in that crash.
- Sarah Carter: Was this about me or you?
- Juno Kaplan: It's about us, getting back to what we used to be. I wanted us to claim this place, name it. I thought maybe your name.
- Sarah Carter: [scoffs] Or maybe yours.
- Sam Vernet: I need to dress the wound and rig up a splint, but I can't while the bone is protruding. I need to push it back in.
- Holly: I hate you.
- Sam Vernet: I know.