The Bourne Legacy is a 2012 American action thriller film and the fourth installment in the Bourne film series, which is based on Robert Ludlum's Jason Bourne novels. It is directed by Tony Gilroy, screenwriter of the first three films and was released on August 8, 2012 in the Philippines and Singapore, August 9, 2012 in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Czech Republic, August 10, 2012 in the US and India, and August 13, 2012 in the UK.
The film uses the same title as The Bourne Legacy, a later Bourne novel written by Eric Van Lustbader, and like the previous three films in the franchise, it has a completely different plot from the eponymous novels.
- Number Three: [wolves howling in the distance] Your friends are here.
- Aaron: I know. Don't you think that's strange? The wolves? They don't do that. They don't track people.
- Number Three: Well, maybe they don't think you're human.
- Aaron: With all due respect, sir, now's not the best time. Twenty minutes, this place is gonna fall apart.
- Byer: I'm aware of that. I'll take the chance. We need to talk. I need you to stop what you're doing and turn around. That's an order. We got screwed on the intel, okay? Nobody knew those people were in there. It would be perfectly normal for a person to have doubts about the morality of what we just asked you to do.
- Aaron: Is that a question, sir?
- Byer: No, it's not. Tune in to what I'm trying to say to you. Do you know what a sin eater is? [Aaron mouths no] Well, that's what we are. We are the sin eaters. It means that we find the moral excrement that we find in this situation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our cause can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary. You understand?
- Aaron: [shakes his head yes] Will that be all?
- Marta: Look, I want to get out! Would you please stop the car?
- Aaron: You can't be that naive.
- Marta: Would you let me out of the car?
- Aaron: There's no way you're that naive. [swerves the car to the side of the road] You want out? Get out. Go on. Get out. You don't have any chems. You don't know where they are. You don't know anything. That's fine. Just get out. But you got a plan, right? Yeah, of course you do. You're a doctor. You've got this all worked out, don't you? What are you gonna do? Huh? What are you gonna do? You can't run, not alone. You don't know how. You certainly can't hide. Not from people like this, with the resources they have. You won't make it to sundown. So what's that leave you? You can go public. Sure. You can go loud. Call your sister, 'cause that worked out well for you. Call some ex-roomate. Call a guy that knows a guy at The Washington Post. Put it online. 'Cause you know what? You blow me off, that's the only play you've got. But you'd better ask yourself this- could you ever say it loud enough or fast enough that they'd be too afraid to finish what they started? Now, I've got a plan, and it's just not that complicated. What I'm going to do is wait for the next person to show up to kill you. Maybe they can help me. So go for it.
- There Was Never Just One
- Jeremy Renner - Aaron Cross/Kenneth Kitsom
- Rachel Weisz - Dr. Marta Shearing
- Edward Norton - Eric Byer
- Joan Allen - Deputy Director Pamela Landy
- David Strathairn - Noah Vosen
- Albert Finney - Dr. Albert Hirsch
- Scott Glenn - Ezra Kramer
- Oscar Isaac - Number Three
- Donna Murphy - Dita
- Stacy Keach - Mark Turso
- Zeljko Ivanek - Dr. Donald Foite
- Corey Stoll - Vendel
- David Asmar - Evan Pines
- John Arcilla - The Security Guard
- Lou Veloso - The Fisher Man