- [preaching to slaves after watching a horrific scene between a slave and slave owner] Brethren, I pray you'll sing to the Lord, a new song. Sing praise in assembly of the righteous. Let the saints be joyful in glory, let them sing aloud on their beds. Let the high praise of God be on the mouths of the saints and a two-edged sword in their hand to execute vengeance on the demonic nations! And punishment on those peoples! To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fens of iron! To execute on them this written judgement! This honor have all his saints! PRAISE THE LORD! PRAISE THE LORD! SING TO HIM A NEW SONG! PRAISE THE LORD! PRAISE THE LORD!
- Bridget Turner: To watch a strong man broken down is a terrible thing.
- Elizabeth Turner: These books are for white folks. They're full of things your kind wouldn't understand.
- Raymond Cobb: Jesse, what we call a nigger, think he can outsmart a white man?
- Jesse: A dead nigger.
- Nat Turner: You need to tell me who done this to you. 'Cause I'm gonna take care of it, you hear? On my soul. I need you to tell me now.
- Cherry Turner: "Put up again thy sword into His place. For all they that take the sword... shall pass with the sword." You taught me that.