The Bat (1959 film)
1959 film by Crane Wilbur
- Directed and written by Crane Wilbur, based on The Bat by Mary Roberts Rinehart and Avery Hopwood and the novel The Circular Staircase by Rinehart.
When it flies, someone dies! (taglines)
- Cornelia van Gorder: This is Warner, Lieutenant, he's my butler, he was my chauffeur.
- Lt. Andy Anderson: Why did you promote him?
- Cornelia van Gorder: Well it's very difficult to find a butler, they don't like service in the country.
- Lt. Andy Anderson: Have you been a butler before?
- Warner, the chauffeur: I've served in many capacities sir, but this was my night off and I forgot my keys.
- Lt. Andy Anderson: I heard that part.
- John Fleming: Doctor.
- Dr. Malcolm Wells: Yes, John?
- John Fleming: What would you do for half a million dollars?
- Dr. Malcolm Wells: Anything short of murder.
- John Fleming: Why not murder?
- Dr. Malcolm Wells: Too messy.
- John Fleming: Too great a risk?
- Dr. Malcolm Wells: For half a million, yes.
- John Fleming: I pinched a million from the bank.
- Judy Hollander: [the Bat, unbeknown, is pounding in the wall on the floor above] Should we call Miss Van Gorder?
- Dale Bailey: She'll hear it, how can she help but hear it? Besides, we don't want her to think we're a couple of hysterical women.
- Judy Hollander: Well I'm about to become one, I've about had it for one night. Dale you're not going out in that hall!
- Dale Bailey: I want to find out what's happening up there!
- Judy Hollander: But Lt. Anderson said if we stayed behind our locked doors we'd be safe.
- Dale Bailey: Vick isn't safe locked up in that jail! Perhaps that stolen money is in this house, Mark Fleming seemed to think it was. Maybe that's what somebody's looking for.
- Cornelia van Gorder: [locking their door] Nothing should get us now, I think, this door seems good and solid.
- Lizzie Allen: Like the door to a tomb.
- When it flies, someone dies!
- When Someone SCREAMS ... It Will Be YOU!
- P.S. After seeing 'The Bat' 7 out of 8 people will get cold feet tonight!
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|