The Bat (1926 film)
1926 film by Roland West
- Directed by Roland West. Written by Julien Josephson, based on The Bat by Mary Roberts Rinehart and Avery Hopwood and the novel The Circular Staircase by Rinehart.
A laugh with every gasp!
Miss Cornelia Van GorderEdit
- When you want to fool Auntie, dear, don't bring a gardener with manicured fingernails.
- That Jap butler gives me the willies. The Flemings threw him in with the lease, but I'd throw him OUT!
- The rapping leads right into the haunted ballroom!
- Lizzie Allen: This is the happy home of the Heebee-Jeebees. Doors slam loose feet roam around lights go out!
- Miss Cornelia Van Gorder: The lights go out because they're having trouble at the power house.
- Lizzie Allen: For twenty years I've stood by you through Socialism, Theosophism and Rheumatism; but I draw the line at Spookism!
- Miss Cornelia Van Gorder: [the lights go out, calling up the stairs] LIZZIE!
- Lizzie Allen: [with a newspaper in her mouth, swinging a bear trap at the window. Miss Van Gorder comes in and she stops and takes the paper out of her mouth] I see by the paper that the Bat's in the neighborhood. I'm setting a bear trap for him.
- Detective Moletti: What's your full name?
- Lizzie Allen: Lizzie Allen - whether I'm full or not.
- Detective Moletti: How old are you?
- Lizzie Allen: Twenty-two.
- Miss Cornelia Van Gorder: She's forty!
- Miss Cornelia Van Gorder: You'd better go with him.
- Detective Anderson: No use taking unnecessary chances. One is enough to sacrifice!
- Emily Fitzroy — Miss Cornelia Van Gorder
- Jack Pickford — Brooks Bailey
- Jewel Carmen — Miss Dale Ogden
- Robert McKim — Dr. H. E. Wells
- Arthur Housman — Richard Fleming
- Louise Fazenda — Lizzie Allen
- Tullio Carminati — Detective Moletti
- Eddie Gribbon — Detective Anderson
- George Beranger — Gideon Bell
- Charles Herzinger — Courtleigh Fleming
- Sojin Kamiyama — Billy the Butler
- Lee Shumway — the Unknown