The Astronaut's Wife
The Astronaut's Wife is a 1999 science fiction/thriller film directed and written by Rand Ravich. It stars Johnny Depp, Charlize Theron, and Victoria Abril amongst others. NASA astronaut Spencer Armacost (Depp) is on a routine orbital mission when he and his colleague lose contact with Earth for two minutes. After they return home from their mission, Armacost's wife Jillian (Theron) sees odd changes in him, and becomes concerned about her new pregnancy. Are these related to the problem in orbit, or are they merely her old depressive tendencies resurfacing?
- You know, men are like… like parking spaces. All the good ones are taken. All the available ones are handicapped.
- Spencer Armacost: [appears out of nowhere] Shh shhh shhh. Don't talk. Don't say a word honey. You're fine, you're fine now. They're still inside you Jill. They're right where they need to be. And we are never going to mention what you tried to do... what you tried to do with them pills, ok? Doesn't exist. Never happened Jill.
- [Jillian tries to talk but Spencer interrupts]
- Spencer Armacost: I don't want to hear a peep out of you. You hear me? I love you so much. I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you or the babies. Now you just keep quiet, and you rest. I'm here with you. I'm always going to be here Jillian. Always.
- [He kisses her on her forehead and nose]
- Spencer Armacost: Now you sleep. Good girl.
- Imagine the face of terror is the one you love.
- Witness the birth of pure evil.