The Antichrist (Der Antichrist) is a German philosophical book by Friedrich Nietzsche, originally published in 1895.
- What is good? — All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself in man.
What is bad? — All that proceeds from weakness.
What is happiness? — The feeling that power increases — that a resistance is overcome.
- The weak and ill-constituted shall perish: first principle of our philanthropy. And one shall help them to do so.
- I call an animal, a species, an individual depraved when it loses its instincts, when it chooses, when it prefers what is harmful to it.
- Pity on the whole thwarts the law of evolution, which is the law of selection.
- The very word 'Christianity' is a misunderstanding--at bottom there was only one Christian, and he died on the cross.
- Aphorism 39.
- Note: Often misquoted as "The last Christian died on the cross"