The Amityville Horror (2005 film)
2005 film directed by Andrew Douglas
The Amityville Horror is the 2005 horror film. It is based on the novel by Jay Anson, and a remake of the 1979 film of the same name. A family had moved into a new house, until they discovered that this house is evil and they must get out. It is inspired by true events.
- Directed by Andrew Douglas. Written by Scott Kosar.
Based on the true story. taglines
- [As Chelsea is talking to Jodie's ghost.]
- Chelsea Lutz: How many brothers and sisters do you have?
- [Kathy enters Chelsea's room.]
- Kathy Lutz: Chelsea?
- Chelsea Lutz: Hey, Mommy.
- Kathy Lutz: Hi, hon. Who are you talking to?
- [Jodie's ghost appears]
- Chelsea Lutz: The girl who lives in my closet.
- Kathy Lutz: Oh, yeah? And what's her name?
- Chelsea Lutz: Jodie.
- Kathy Lutz: You know there are plenty of other little girls to play with in town too?
- Chelsea Lutz: I know, but Jodie says they're all mean.
- [Kathy looks at Chelsea's obscured drawing.]
- Kathy Lutz: Is that Jodie?
- [Chelsea turns to Jodie, telling her to keep it a secret.; Chelsea turns back to Kathy.]
- Chelsea Lutz: No, that's someone else.
- Kathy Lutz: Who?
- Chelsea Lutz: I'm not supposed to say who. She says it's an A-hole.
- Kathy Lutz: You are not allowed to say that word.
- [Chelsea erases the drawing, turns to Kathy, telling her to be quiet.]
- Chelsea Lutz: Jodie says you're a bad babysitter.
- Lisa: Yeah? Well Jodie's... what's the word? Dead.
- Chelsea Lutz: Is not.
- Lisa: That little shit got me fired.
- Billy Lutz: Dare you to go there. [points to Chelsea's closet]
- Lisa: You give me your KISS poster if i do it.
- Billy Lutz: Okay.
- Lisa: Okay.
- Chelsea Lutz: You're going to make her mad.
- George Lutz: It's one thing to pull a prank?
- Billy Lutz: We didn't pull a prank. It's another one to hurt someone.
- Michael Lutz: It was this house.
- George Lutz: Shut up!
- Kathy Lutz: George.---
- George Lutz: I got this under control.
- Kathy Lutz: You don't have you under control! [to her sons] What you guys did was wrong.---
- George Lutz: Stop it, Kathy! Whatever you're doing, Whatever you're saying doesn't work! From now on, I'm doing the disciplining around here, end of story!
- Michael Lutz: This house is bad, Mommy.
- Kathy Lutz: Michael, honey.
- George Lutz: There's no bad houses!, just bad people!
- Billy Lutz: Why didn't you tell us about the people who died here?
- Kathy Lutz: Where did you hear that?
- Billy Lutz: The babysitter told me that two little boys died in our room.
- George Lutz: Goddamn babysitter's an idiot!
- Kathy Lutz: Get to bed. We'll deal with this in the morning.
- Billy Lutz: No!, I'm not sleeping in that room! It's gross!
- Michael Lutz: Me neither.
- George Lutz: Wipe that stupid look off your face and go to bed!... run!
- Father Callaway: This is gonna sound strange, but you know the doll with one eye that your daughter is holding? Well, that belonged to the little girl who lived here before you.
- Kathy Lutz: Yes, it was left here.
- Father Callaway: No, Mrs. Lutz, it was not left here.
- Kathy Lutz: Father, what exactly are you trying to tell me?
- Father Callaway: I knew the DeFeos very well. I presided over their funeral. Jodie DeFeo was buried with that doll.
- Based on the true story
- What happened over the next 28 days has never been explained.
- Katch 'em, kill 'em
- Ryan Reynolds - George Lutz
- Melissa George - Kathleen Lutz
- Jesse James - Billy Lutz
- Jimmy Bennett - Michael Lutz
- Chloë Grace Moretz - Chelsea Lutz
- Rachel Nichols - Lisa
- Philip Baker Hall - Father Callaway
- The Amityville Horror quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- The Amityville Horror at Rotten Tomatoes
- The official The Amityville Horror site