The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
2000 film directed by Des McAnuff
- [catchphrase] Hokey smoke!
- What's the point? I guess the world just doesn't need us anymore, Bullwinkle.
- [shivering] I could fly if I had to!
- I guess I lost the knack. I'll never fly again.
- [While flying over Washington D.C.] Boy, New York sure has changed a lot since my day. They even moved the White House here.
- So, you see, Mr. President, all the trees in Frostbite Falls are gone. The birds have no place to put their things. The children have no place to build their tree house. I built them a stomp house, but they say it's just not the same. Help when you have time.
- [After defeating Fearless Leader, Boris, and Natasha] Ahem. Good evening, America, Bullwinkle J. Moose here saying-- I've forgot my line.
- [to the narrator] Shut up.
- [as she and Rocky enter the R.B.T.V. building] FBI! Freeze!
- [while holding her gun] Alright, I want anyone in this room who's a Pottsylvanian spy to put your hands up, now!
- [points her gun at Fearless Leader] That means you, too, Fearless Leader. Let me see your hands.
Rocky and Bullwinkle's Arch-RivalsEdit
- Have you liquidated moose and squirrel? Did you use the C.D.I.? Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me? Then who else are you talking to? Are you talking to me? Well, I am the only one here, so you must be talking to me. AND YOU ARE LYING!!!!! Now catch moose and squirrel. And next time use the C.D.I. on them.
- Smush them!
- [while firing up the C.D.I.] It's time to say good-bye to Moose and Squirrel.
- Boris, where did we go wrong? We've been trying to catch moose and squirrel ever since we first got drawn. We tried to stop them, shoot them, smash them, smush them, crush them, bash them, nash them, squish them. And they don't even know our names. I'm tried of all this, Boris. I don't want to be spy no more. Let's face it, darling, we suck. We'll never catch moose and squirrel.
- [after a green light from Hollywood takes him, Rocky and Bullwinkle to the real world] I'll be back for hiatus, Ma!
- [as Boris and Natasha see a helicopter] Oh, damn. Never mind.
- Yes, Boris and Natasha were back in business, but they have no way of discovering the route our heroes have taken, and-- [Boris snatches the map from the forth wall and hands it to Natasha] Hey! You can't do that!
- [as Bullwinkle transform Fearless Leader, Boris and Natasha back into animated characters with the C.D.I.] And so the three villains were launched up into the Internet, where they would be heard from no more.
- [as he, Rocky and Bullwinkle return to Frostbite Falls, where the trees grow back and the narrator reunites with his mother] Mama!
The Narrator's MotherEdit
- Oh, Sonny, shut up! [as she throws a pan at him]
- [as the green light takes her son to the real world along with Rocky and Bullwinkle] Goodbye, Sonny!
- [as she reunites with her son] Sonny boy!
- [first lines]
- Narrator: [over stock footage of various historical events in a parody of a newsreel] 1964, a crucial moment in American history: Lyndon Johnson is re-elected to the presidency by a landslide, the New York World's Fair introduces a bright new future... [scene cuts to show Bullwinkle pull Rocky from his hat] And after 5 scintillating years on the air...
- Bullwinkle: Presto!
- Narrator: The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show is abruptly canceled.
- Rocky and Bullwinkle: [shocked] Canceled? [as they're being pulled off screen to the right by a vaudeville hook]
- [two janitors come by to clean up the mess]
- Narrator: Eh, sorry about that, boys. [screen cuts to a card reading "TODAY", followed by shots of more recent live-action footage] A lot has changed in 35 years: Velcro has replaced the zipper, sneakers have lights on them, the Cold War is over, and The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show… is still canceled. [newsreel ends as a hobo yawns and exits the theater, cut to Frostbite Falls, Minnesota where things are looking lively with the locals] Frostbite Falls, Minnesota, once the beloved home of Rocky and Bullwinkle had been a thriving cartoon town. [crossfade to a "third-world country version" of Frostbite Falls] Now, it was crippled by year's of reruns.
- Minnie Mogul: [as Fearless Leader, Boris and Natasha have transformed from animated characters into live-action] Hey! How did that happen?
- Fearless Leader: We are attached to the project.
- Rocky: [as he and Bullwinkle end up in the real world] Hokey smoke! Are you alright?
- Bullwinkle: Yeah, but I think we're on the wrong show. Look how well they drew that girl.
- Karen Sympathy: [after Rocky and Bullwinkle were brought into the real world] It's you. It's really you! Rocky... and Bull-- Bull-- Bull--
- Bullwinkle: I believe the word you're searching for is "winkle".
- Karen Sympathy: Bullwinkle.
- Rocky: Hey, what network are you from?
- Karen Sympathy: I'm not from any network. Agent Karen Sympathy, FBI.
- Fearless Leader: Silence! [a message from the White House has arrived] It's a message from the mole at the White House!
- Boris and Natasha: Moose and squirrel!
- Fearless Leader: [tearing the message, but throws it on the floor] Moose and squirrel. How many times in the past they stood me and my dreams of glory? How many times have they foiled my plans with their bungling interference?
- Boris Badenov: Uh, 28?
- Fearless Leader: Quiet, idiot! They must never reach New York alive. Destroy them personally.
- Boris Badenov: After 30 years of waiting, another chance to crush moose and squirrel! [kisses Fearless Leader's hand]
- Natasha Fatale: Oh, Fearless Leader, you are so good to us! [kisses Fearless Leader's other hand]
- Karen Sympathy: What's with the cannon?
- Boris and Natasha: It's traditional.
- [Boris lights the fuse]
- Rocky and Bullwinkle: RUN!!!!!! [run off]
- [the cannon doesn't fire]
- Boris and Natasha: [confused] Where is boom?
- Karen Sympathy: [as she reunites with the boys] Rocky! Bullwinkle!
- Rocky and Bullwinkle: Karen!
- Judge Cameo: And you, Mr. District Attorney, I'd like to point something out to you in the penal code: Section C, Paragraph 22: "Celebrities are above the law." This case is dismissed.
- Judge Cameo: The defendants are charged with grand theft auto: 1 count; breaking out of jail: 1 count; impugning the character of a prison guard: 1 count; reckless driving: 4 counts; talking to the audience; five counts; criminally bad punning: 18 counts.
- Bullwinkle: And three dukes and seven earls. Ha ha ha ha.
- Judge Cameo: Make that 19.
- Judge Cameo: [as she notices the boys] Oh, my god! OH, MY GOD! IT'S ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE!
- Rocky: [after he saved Karen from falling while Bullwinkle flies on airplane] Hang on, Karen! Hang on! If I could just-- [He carries Karen by her legs and back]
- Karen Sympathy: Rocky, you're flying! You're flying!
- Rocky: Yes, I am. I certainly am. New York City, here we come!
- Cappy von Trapment: [to Bullwinkle, while wearing his mask and headphones at the White House] Bullwinkle! Don't watch! Bullwinkle! Oh, no, not you, too!
- Cappy von Trapment: Bullwinkle, allow me to be frank.
- Bullwinkle: OK, Frank, allow me to be Bullwinkle.
- Cappy von Trapment: [shaking Bullwinkle's hand] I'm Cappy Von Trapment, FBI.
- Bullwinkle: I thought you said your name was Frank.
- Cappy von Trapment: Shut up, Bullwinkle!
- Bullwinkle: OK, Frank.
- Cappy von Trapment: As we speak, 99% of the country is slobbering in front of the television.
- Bullwinkle: What's so strange about that?
- Cappy von Trapment: Listen to me! We haven't heard from Karen. I think she and Rocky are in terrible danger. Let's get you to New York!
- Bullwinkle: I thought this was New York.
- Cappy von Trapment: No, Bullwinkle, that's Washington out there! THAT'S WASHINGTON!
- Bullwinkle: [looking at President Signoff] Really? Where's that little white wig he always wears?
- Cappy von Trapment: [annoyed] Oh, it's no use.
- Bullwinkle: If only there were some way of transmitting computer-generated animated characters across great distances in the blink of an eye.
- Cappy von Trapment: Bullwinkle! That's it!
- Bullwinkle: It is?
- Cappy von Trapment: Yes, it's our only chance! We're gonna E-mail you to Karen in New York.
- Bullwinkle: OK, but don't you think she'd rather get flowers?
- Cappy von Trapment: Just shut up and hold on!
- Bullwinkle: OK!
- Cappy von Trapment: [grabbing Bullwinkle and is about to shove him inside the computer scanner drive] 1... 2...
- Bullwinkle: 3!
- Boris Badenov: FEARLESS LEADER, MOOSE IS LOOSE!!!
- Fearless Leader: GET THEM!!!!!!
- [last lines as Rocky makes the word "The End" in the sky]
- Bullwinkle: Bye!
- Rocky: Bye-bye!
- Rocky / Narrator's Mother / Natasha (cartoon) - June Foray
- Bullwinkle / Narrator / Fearless Leader and Boris (cartoons) - Keith Scott
- Weasel - Susan Berman