The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle is a comedy film released in 2000, starring Robert De Niro as Fearless Leader, Jason Alexander as Boris Badenov, Rene Russo as Natasha Fatale, and the voices of June Foray as Rocky the Flying Squirrel and Keith Scott as Bullwinkle J. Moose.
Rocket "Rocky" J. SquirrelEdit
- What's the point? I guess the world just doesn't need us anymore, Bullwinkle.
- [shivering] I could fly if I had to!
- I guess I lost the knack. I'll never fly again.
Bullwinkle J. MooseEdit
- [While flying over Washington D.C.] Boy, New York sure has changed a lot since my day. They even moved the White House here.
- So, you see, Mr. President, all the trees in Frostbite Falls are gone. The birds have no place to put their things. The children have no place to build their tree house. I built them a stomp house, but they say it's just not the same. Help when you have time.
- [After defeating Fearless Leader, Boris, and Natasha] Good evening, America. Bullwinkle Moose here saying--Forgot my line.
- Have you liquidated Moose and Squirrel? Did you use the CDI? Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me? Then who else are you talking to? Are you talking to me? Well, I am the only one here, so you must be talking to me. AND YOU ARE LYING!!!!! Now catch Moose and Squirrel. And next time use the CDI on them.
- Smush them!
- [while firing up the CDI] It's time to say good-bye to Moose and Squirrel.
- Boris, where did we go wrong? We've been trying to catch Moose and Squirrel ever since we first got drawn. We tried to stop them, shoot them, smash them, smush them, crush them, bash them, nash them, squish them. And they don't even know our names. I'm tried of all this, Boris. I don't want to be spy no more. Let's face it, darling, we suck. We can never catch Moose and Squirrel.
- [first lines of the film]
- Narrator: [over stock footage of various historical events in a parody of a newsreel] 1964, a crucial moment in American history: Lyndon Johnson is re-elected to the presidency by a landslide, the New York World's Fair introduces a bright new future... [scene cuts to show Bullwinkle pull Rocky from his hat] And after five scintillating years on the air...
- Bullwinkle: Presto!
- Narrator: The Rocky & Bullwinkle Show is abruptly cancelled.
- Rocky, Bullwinkle: [shocked] Cancelled?!
- [the boys are pulled off screen to the right by a vaudeville hook as two janitors come by to clean up the mess]
- Narrator: Sorry about that, boys. [screen cuts to a card reading "TODAY", followed by shots of more recent live-action footage] A lot has changed in 35 years: Velcro has replaced the zipper, sneakers have lights on them, the Cold War is over, and The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show is still cancelled. [newsreel ends as a hobo yawns and exits the theater, cut to Frostbite Falls, Minnesota where things are looking lively with the locals] Frostbite Falls, Minnesota, once the beloved home of Rocky and Bullwinkle had been a thriving cartoon town. [crossfade to a "third-world country version" of Frostbite Falls] Now, it was crippled by year's of reruns.
- [Fearless Leader, Boris and Natasha have transformed from animated characters into live-action]
- Minnie Mogul: Hey...how did that happen?
- Fearless Leader: We are attached to the project.
- Karen Sympathy: [after Rocky and Bullwinkle were brought into the real world] It's you. It's really you! Rocky...and Bull--Bull--Bull--
- Bullwinkle: I believe the word you're trying to say is "winkle".
- Karen Sympathy: Bullwinkle.
- Rocky: Hey, what network are you from?
- Karen Sympathy: I'm not from any network. Agent Karen Sympathy, FBI.
- Fearless Leader: [a message from the White House has arrived] It's a message from the mole at the White House!
- Boris Badenov, Natasha Fatale: Moose and squirrel!
- Fearless Leader: [tearing the message, but throws it on the floor] Moose and squirrel. How many times in the past they stood me and my dreams of glory? How many times have they foiled my plans with their bungling interference?
- Boris Badenov: Uh, twenty-eight?
- Fearless Leader: Quiet, idiot! They must never reach New York alive. Destroy them personally.
- Boris Badenov: After 30 years of waiting, another chance to crush moose and squirrel! [kisses Fearless Leader's hand]
- Natasha Fatale: Oh, Fearless Leader, you are so good to us! [kisses Fearless Leader's other hand]
- Fearless Leader: This is the Computer Degenerating Imagery. Show them, Sydney.
- Sydney: The Computer Degenerating Imagery, or CDI which I like to call it, are totes user friendly. Just index the bionorary code of the animated image you're going to degenerate, and the CDI will dismandle the diginal image on your film stock, 'kay?
- Fearless Leader: BRING IN THE TEST SUBJECT!
- [Two guards drag a cartoon weasel over the target. The weasel struggles in their grasp.]
- Weasel: No! Oh, this is what I was afraid of. I've been tricked. Please, don't send me there. Please, don't send me there! Now, I know what happened to my friend, Freddie the ferret and those cute little bunnies..!
- Sydney: Okay, now all you gotta do, is type in the address, and send him where all cyber junk ends up: the Internet!
- [Sydney types an address, and she presses the button. The CDI's laser hit the jabbering weasel, degenerating him, and then banished him to the Internet forever.]
- Sydney: [giving Boris and Natasha a giant manual] So, that's all there is to it. Here's the manual, and she's all yours. I assume you're both computer literate.
- Judge Cameo: And you, Mr. District Attorney, I'd like to point something out to you in the penal code: Section C, Paragraph 22: "Celebrities are above the law." This case is dismissed.
- Judge Cameo: The defendants are charged with grand theft auto: 1 count; breaking out of jail: 1 count; impugning the character of a prison guard: 1 count; reckless driving: 4 counts; talking to the audience; five counts; criminally bad punning: 18 counts.
- Bullwinkle: And three dukes and seven earls. Ha ha ha ha.
- Judge Cameo: Make that 19.
- Rocky: [after he saved Karen from falling while Bullwinkle flies on airplane] Hang on, Karen! Hang on! If I could just-- [He carries Karen by her legs and back]
- Karen Sympathy: Rocky! You're flying! You're flying!
- Rocky: Yes, I am. I certainly am. New York City, here we come!
- Cappy von Trapment: [to Bullwinkle, while wearing his mask and headphones at the White House] Bullwinkle! Don't watch! Bullwinkle! Oh, no, not you, too!
- Cappy von Trapment: COME HERE!
- [Cappy's shout made Bullwinkle jump, and he walks over to Cappy]
- Bullwinkle: At least one thing hasn't changed. TV's as good as ever.
- Cappy von Trapment: [taking his headphones off] Bullwinkle, allow me to be frank.
- Bullwinkle: Okay, Frank, allow me to be Bullwinkle.
- Cappy von Trapment: [shaking Bullwinkle's hand] I'm Cappy Von Trapment, FBI.
- Bullwinkle: I thought you said your name was Frank.
- Cappy von Trapment: Shut up, Bullwinkle!
- Bullwinkle: Okay, Frank.
- Cappy von Trapment: As we speak, 99% of the country is slobbering in front of the television.
- Bullwinkle: What's so strange about that?
- Cappy von Trapment: Listen to me! We haven't heard from Karen. I think she and Rocky are in terrible danger. Let's get you to New York!
- Bullwinkle: I thought this was New York.
- Cappy von Trapment: No, Bullwinkle, that's Washington out there! THAT'S WASHINGTON!
- Bullwinkle: [looking at President Signoff] Really? Where's that little white wig he always wears?
- Cappy von Trapment: [annoyed] Oh, it's no use.
- Bullwinkle: If only there were some way of transmitting computer-generated animated characters across great distances in the blink of an eye.
- Cappy von Trapment: Bullwinkle! That's it!
- Bullwinkle: It is?
- Cappy von Trapment: Yes, it's our only chance! We're gonna E-mail you to Karen in New York.
- Bullwinkle: Okay, but don't you think she'd rather get flowers?
- Cappy von Trapment: Just shut up and hold on!
- Bullwinkle: Okay!
- Cappy von Trapment: [grabbing Bullwinkle and is about to shove him inside the computer scanner drive] One...two...
- Bullwinkle: THREE!
- Boris Badenov: FEARLESS LEADER, MOOSE IS LOOSE!!!
- Fearless Leader: GET THEM!!!!!!
- [last lines of the film]
- Bullwinkle: Bye!
- Rocky: Bye-bye!