The Adventures of Pluto Nash
2002 film by Ron Underwood
The Adventures of Pluto Nash is a 2002 comedy film directed by Ron Underwood and starring Eddie Murphy as the owner of a lunar nightclub investigating who was behind the arson that destroyed his club.
- You blew up my wood stools. You know how hard it is to get wood on the moon?
- Pluto: You married twins?
- Tony: No, I met the perfect woman. So I had her cloned.
- Dina: Which one is which?
- Tony: Who cares?
- Pluto: What happened?
- James: Obviously, you did something stupid.
- Pluto: That's a cryogenic Chihuahua!
- Dina: It's a real dog?
- Pluto: Oh, yeah. It's very delicate. You know it's illegal to bring pets up here. But I got a friend back in Juarez who knows how to freeze-dry these things. Look at that, it's a girl. Pop that little bitch in the particle wave for two minutes on defrost... she'll be running around the room.
- Pluto: So, where'd you do your singing back Earth?
- Dina: Oh. Weddings, bar mitzvahs, reincarnation rituals. The usual gigs.
- Dina: What makes you so sure he'll help us out?
- Pluto: Oh, he'll help us. He couldn't sing a note if it weren't for me.
- Dina: You taught Tony Francis how to sing?
- Pluto: No, I convinced a bookie not to pour some acid down his throat.
- Pluto: So, how's it going with you and Babbet?
- Bruno: Me and Babbet? I don't think that's going to happen. I found out that I'm 110 volts and she's a 220.
- Pluto: Just go to the hardware store and get an adaptor.
- Bruno: Nah, that just ruins it for me.
- Mogan: Hey, Bruno. What are you? A65?
- Bruno: Model 63. Deluxe.
- Mogan: 63? Talk about ancient.
- Bruno: Your sister didn't seem to mind.
- Rowland: There's a clone doctor named Runa Pedanken. Made a big name for herself creating an entire basketball team from one old guy.
- Pluto: The Air Jordans. Yeah.
- Eddie Murphy as Pluto Nash/Rex Crater
- Randy Quaid as Bruno
- Rosario Dawson as Dina Lake
- Joe Pantoliano as Mogan
- Jay Mohr as Anthony Frankowski/Tony Francis
- Luis Guzmán as Felix Laranga
- James Rebhorn as Belcher
- Peter Boyle as Rowland
- Pam Grier as Flura Nash
- John Cleese as James
- Burt Young as Gino
- Lillo Brancato as Larry
- Victor Varnado as Kelp
- Miguel A. Núñez, Jr. as Miguel
- Illeana Douglas as Dr. Mona Zimmer
- Richard Raybourne as Bartender Phil
- Alec Baldwin as Michael Zoroaster Marucci (uncredited)