Teresa Heinz Kerry
Portuguese–American businesswoman, widow of Sen. H. John Heinz III and wife of Secretary of State John Kerry
- I think I can best do my work as a head of a family, as a nurturer, for the family, meaning a nurturer for Pittsburgh, and in that sense what we do here can be applicable in many places in the world.
- Quoted in "Teresa Heinz: A Woman On A Mission," Harry Stoffer, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (1993-11-07
- Explanation on announcing she would not run for her late husband John Heinz's Senate seat.
- You said something I didn't say. Now shove it.
- They want four more years of hell.
- Three more months!
- I want you to issue a challenge for me to debate Howard Dean.
- Quoted in Howard Kurtz, "The Making of a Non-President: Behind the Scenes With The Kerry Campaign", washingtonpost.com (2004-11-15).
- Said to Jim Jordan, John Kerry's campaign manager, during the Democratic primaries in 2004.