person who cultivates land leased from a landlord or occupies real property
A residential tenant, or renter, is a person who pays a landlord (owner) money to rent a home and live in it.
|This article about a person or group of people is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
please enter quotes in chronological order
- I am a 41-year-old woman with an 11-year-old child, and I am very frightened by the way the Oakland Housing Authority (OHA) has been treating me. I was terrified recently when the OHA Police showed up at my door around 10 p.m. at night, accusing my family of committing fraud to move into this townhouse; and they served me a five-day notice to surrender my home to the OHA, or else.
- Tenant Mass evictions from Oakland's public housing (Monday, May 15, 2006)
- I don't know what happened to him ... Up until the last while, I never had a day's trouble with him. He was friendly
- Landlord Police called to investigate after tenant draws swastikas in landlord's house (Thursday, September 6, 2007)
- I feel bad that I have not been able to pay her [the landlord]. We’ve gone from two incomes. I had COVID-19 twice. My kids all have had it once. My husband's had it once. We've been affected by the virus
- Tenant Landlord faces homelessness as tenants fall behind on rent during eviction ban (SEPTEMBER 9, 2021)
- It’s folks who are poor and working-class that lose out in that deal. There are plenty of landlords who are self-righteous about it and see renters as money-making machines rather than as equal fellow human beings, who have just as much right to want to live well and safely.
- Maya Morales, tenant organizer with People First Bellingham Bellingham renters grapple with health, safety risks. Mold, untimely repairs plague local rentals with few repercussions (April 13, 2022)
|Find more information on Tenant by searching Wikiquote's sister projects|
|Encyclopedia articles from Wikipedia|
|Dictionary definitions from Wiktionary|
|Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Source texts from Wikisource|
|Images and media from Commons|
|News stories from Wikinews|
|Learning resources from Wikiversity|