Target (1985 film)
1985 film directed by Arthur Penn
Target is a 1985 film about an American who is kidnapped during a trip to Europe and her son and husband who start searching for her. During the search, her son learns that his father may not be who he seems.
- Directed by Arthur Penn. Written by José Luis Navarro (as Howard Berk), Don Petersen, and Leonard B. Stern.
The game of espionage is played by a strict code: an agent's family is never to be touched, no exceptions. Now that code has been broken. (taglines)
- [to Chris] A long time ago I worked for the CIA.
- [to Mason] Do yourself a favor and take the rest of your life off. If I see you again ... I won't see you again.
- Tourists? We're not talking about tourists here, we're talking about mom! And I know you, you don't drink unless you're nervous.
- Barney Taber: [to Clay about one of his agents] Where did you recruit him? In the Sears catalog?
- Clay: [in East Germany] If I want to worry, I'll worry; free fucking country, right?
- Proprietress Marie Louis Mansion: Welcome to Berlin! Are you here for -business or pleasure?
- Walter Lloyd: Funeral.
- Walter Lloyd: I hope you're not going to fool around because I have a lot of things to do.
- Donna Lloyd: You mean Miss Twinkle Tits in banking?
- Walter Lloyd: They gave us new papers, new jobs, new names. The works... everything.
- Chris Lloyd: New names?
- Walter Lloyd: Yeah.
- Chris Lloyd: Oh, Oh. Wait a minute. We were at the hotel and Taber asked you, "What name?" This is not my name? What's my name?
- Walter Lloyd: Derek, Derek Potter. I'm Duncan. This is where the "Duke" comes from.
- Walter Lloyd: You know the rule as well as I do: an agent's family was sacred.
- Schroeder: And you broke that rule!
- Walter Lloyd: No! Not me, not my people. I checked them out, every one of them. I held my own investigation.
- Schroeder: I evacuate myself on your investigation!
- Chris Lloyd: Look, I don't know who you were in the old days but don't you think I should do the driving now?
- Walter Lloyd: Just don't worry, okay? I think I can handle it.
- Chris Lloyd: Alright. Here we go to Hamburg at 20 miles an hour.
- The game of espionage is played by a strict code: an agent's family is never to be touched, no exceptions. Now that code has been broken.
- It's Harder to Win When You Play by the Rules!
- It began with his mother's kidnapping. And ended with deadly intrigue.
- Nothing exciting ever happened in Chris' family. But within 48 hours, his mother will be kidnapped, His father will be forced to reveal a secret past and he will find himself at the center of an adventure he never dreamed could happen to him.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|